Windows XP Home Edition Uninstall

I have inadvertantly installed Windows XP Home Edition twice on my computer.
I want to uninstall one of them.

However when I go to Add/Remove programs in Control Panel to uninstall one
of them, neither copy is there.

The BOOT.INI file indicates that both windows copies are on the same
partition.

Can anybody sove my problem ?

--
FLYNNE
4 answers Last reply

    I have two installations of XP on the same partition
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "FLYNNE" wrote:

    | I have inadvertantly installed Windows XP Home Edition twice on my computer.
    | I want to uninstall one of them.
    |
    | However when I go to Add/Remove programs in Control Panel to uninstall one
    | of them, neither copy is there.
    |
    | The BOOT.INI file indicates that both windows copies are on the same
    | partition.
    |
    | Can anybody sove my problem ?
    |
    | --
    | FLYNNE

    Thank you Carey Frisch for your prompt reply.

    I shall view the web site very shortly and let you know how I get on.

    Regards
    --
    FLYNNE

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > I have two installations of XP on the same partition
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20
    >
    > [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "FLYNNE" wrote:
    >
    > | I have inadvertantly installed Windows XP Home Edition twice on my computer.
    > | I want to uninstall one of them.
    > |
    > | However when I go to Add/Remove programs in Control Panel to uninstall one
    > | of them, neither copy is there.
    > |
    > | The BOOT.INI file indicates that both windows copies are on the same
    > | partition.
    > |
    > | Can anybody sove my problem ?
    > |
    > | --
    > | FLYNNE

    if the folders are different you can delete one of them. delete the one
    Windows folder, the correct folders in DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS and change the
    boot.ini.

    --
    Cankat Akdemir
    Author of "Windows XP Secrets"

    "FLYNNE" <FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
    yazdý:84D3D4E2-F4D7-412C-9FB2-0E2336210B56@microsoft.com...
    > Windows XP Home Edition Uninstall

    > I have inadvertantly installed Windows XP Home Edition twice on my
    > computer.
    > I want to uninstall one of them.
    >
    > However when I go to Add/Remove programs in Control Panel to uninstall one
    > of them, neither copy is there.
    >
    > The BOOT.INI file indicates that both windows copies are on the same
    > partition.
    >
    > Can anybody sove my problem ?
    >

    > --
    > FLYNNE

    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    What exact changes do I need to make to the BOOT.ini file ?

    Regards
    --
    FLYNNE

    "Cankat Akdemir" wrote:

    > if the folders are different you can delete one of them. delete the one
    > Windows folder, the correct folders in DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS and change the
    > boot.ini.
    >
    > --
    > Cankat Akdemir
    > Author of "Windows XP Secrets"
    >

    > "FLYNNE" <FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
    > yazdý:84D3D4E2-F4D7-412C-9FB2-0E2336210B56@microsoft.com...
    > > Windows XP Home Edition Uninstall

    > > I have inadvertantly installed Windows XP Home Edition twice on my
    > > computer.
    > > I want to uninstall one of them.
    > >
    > > However when I go to Add/Remove programs in Control Panel to uninstall one
    > > of them, neither copy is there.
    > >
    > > The BOOT.INI file indicates that both windows copies are on the same
    > > partition.
    > >
    > > Can anybody sove my problem ?
    > >

    > > --
    > > FLYNNE