Katrina: help me download news videos please

cole

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/hur/hur090205_mobile.rm

I am having to use dial up. Is there anyway I can download these cspan
videos to my computer so I can watch them? I cannot watch them in real time
and I have no TV connection. The above link is an example I am trying to
watch.

Thank you.

How to record streaming audio
http://all-streaming-media.com/record-audio-stream/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Cole wrote:
> rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/hur/hur090205_mobile.rm
>
> I am having to use dial up. Is there anyway I can download
> these cspan videos to my computer so I can watch them? I
> cannot watch them in real time and I have no TV connection.
> The above link is an example I am trying to watch.
>
> Thank you.

What exactly do you mean by " I cannot watch them in real
time..."?

In order to watch those videos you need to have Real Player
installed on your macine. Go here to get Real Player:

http://www.real.com/freeplayer/?rppr=rnwk

Nepatsfan

cole

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

I went to the download page posted by the MSVP. Thanks. The two free
programs on that page will not download the files. I tried Deadlybox VCR and
RealTimeConvert. They try to open the files for download but will not.
WMRecorder will not work; I suspect because I am trying to use it for a RM
file. So I tried HiDownload, which is $30, and it worked.

Has anybody been able to use a free program to download CSPAN videos. In
fact, I don't really care about the video. I just wanted the audio.