File Unlocker?

September 3, 2005 4:14:50 PM

In reviewing my saved messages, I ran across a recommendation of File
Unlocker; however, the download was from a Web site I don't trust nd
the recommender was one I don't have a lot of confidence in.

I did some googling and the program itself appears to be legitimate:
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
though there's no contact information for the program author.

Has anybody used this program, who can share your experience positive
or negative? Thanks!

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

More about : file unlocker

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 8:45:21 PM

The authors name is Cedrick Collomb, yes I have permission to use it. It is
a great program. You can make you own decisions but as you see you don't
know my site from his. For all you know I could be him. Don't listen to
Trolls like Leythos or anybody else who knocks a site simply because they
don't like my posting style. At least I am offering help.

"Stan Brown" <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> In reviewing my saved messages, I ran across a recommendation of File
> Unlocker; however, the download was from a Web site I don't trust nd
> the recommender was one I don't have a lot of confidence in.
>
> I did some googling and the program itself appears to be legitimate:
> http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
> though there's no contact information for the program author.
>
> Has anybody used this program, who can share your experience positive
> or negative? Thanks!

> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
> "If there's one thing I know, it's men. I ought to: it's
> been my life work." -- Marie Dressler, in /Dinner at Eight/
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 9:11:28 PM

In article <BqkSe.1778$ZL4.1264@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> The authors name is Cedrick Collomb, yes I have permission to use it. It is
> a great program. You can make you own decisions but as you see you don't
> know my site from his. For all you know I could be him. Don't listen to
> Trolls like Leythos or anybody else who knocks a site simply because they
> don't like my posting style. At least I am offering help.

The ONLY problem with your site is that you don't follow the directions
the vendors provide for LINKING to their sites to allow customers (even
free) download their products. You filching of their software and not
giving them credit for it shows how unethical you are.

Since there are no MD5 Checksums for the applications, your hosting of
them, when they are freely available from the vendors sites, is very
suspicious and would be a red-flag to any reasonable person.

Offering questionable help and asking people to do things against the
norms is not much help.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

If you want the authors contact info then email me, I will not post it here.

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> The authors name is Cedrick Collomb, yes I have permission to use it. It
> is a great program. You can make you own decisions but as you see you
> don't know my site from his. For all you know I could be him. Don't listen
> to Trolls like Leythos or anybody else who knocks a site simply because
> they don't like my posting style. At least I am offering help.

> "Stan Brown" <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
>> In reviewing my saved messages, I ran across a recommendation of File
>> Unlocker; however, the download was from a Web site I don't trust nd
>> the recommender was one I don't have a lot of confidence in.
>>
>> I did some googling and the program itself appears to be legitimate:
>> http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
>> though there's no contact information for the program author.
>>
>> Has anybody used this program, who can share your experience positive
>> or negative? Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
>> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
>> "If there's one thing I know, it's men. I ought to: it's
>> been my life work." -- Marie Dressler, in /Dinner at Eight/

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 9:11:51 PM

>> The authors name is Cedrick Collomb, yes I have permission to use it. It
>> is a great program. You can make you own decisions but as you see you
>> don't know my site from his. For all you know I could be him. Don't
>> listen to Trolls like Leythos or anybody else who knocks a site simply
>> because they don't like my posting style. At least I am offering help.
>>

> If you want the authors contact info then email me, I will not post it
> here.

Or you could just google 'cedrick collomb' and look at the faq that contains
contact information.
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 9:32:47 PM

In article <qPkSe.1783$ZL4.679@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> If you want the authors contact info then email me, I will not post it here.

Why, there is nothing private about it, their information is public.

Oh, and you could have emailed me at any time - unless you can't read.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 11:37:16 PM

Email him and ask him if I have permission. Make sure you let Leythos know
what his answer is.

"Fed Up" <fedup@fed.up> wrote in message
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>>> The authors name is Cedrick Collomb, yes I have permission to use it. It
>>> is a great program. You can make you own decisions but as you see you
>>> don't know my site from his. For all you know I could be him. Don't
>>> listen to Trolls like Leythos or anybody else who knocks a site simply
>>> because they don't like my posting style. At least I am offering help.
>>>

>> If you want the authors contact info then email me, I will not post it
>> here.
>>

> Or you could just google 'cedrick collomb' and look at the faq that
> contains contact information.

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 11:37:17 PM

If anyone wants this program, get it from the author at
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/unlocker1.7.1.exe and not from pcbutts rip
off webpage. His website is http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

> Email him and ask him if I have permission. Make sure you let Leythos know
> what his answer is.

> "Fed Up" <fedup@fed.up> wrote in message
>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> If you want the authors contact info then email me, I will not post it
>>> here.
>>>

>> Or you could just google 'cedrick collomb' and look at the faq that
>> contains contact information.

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:03:56 AM

You guys are idiots and you just don't know. There are currently 1681 people
online on one of my sites right now. Average daily hit count is 33000+ I
make more in one day from sponsor links then most of you make in one week.
So if you think I care if they use my link or any other you are mistaken. I
use those direct download links because most people who have spyware problem
can't access the internet because of pop ups. What you and Leythos has
failed to notice is that all my links, I have hundreds, don't go to my site
just the ones I am authorized to use. MSAS goes directly to MS. My site is a
trusted site you just have never heard of it or maybe you have under its
real name. Pcbutts1.com is not even the real name its a pointer. All you
ignorant MVP's and trolls have done nothing but disrupt the flow of this
group by attacking me simply because I said "IF" it does not work then post
a log. I will continue because I can. I sent a letter to Microsoft about
their actions, maybe that's why they have stopped, but you trolls are just
that. Trolls.

"Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
> If anyone wants this program, get it from the author at
> http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/unlocker1.7.1.exe and not from pcbutts
> rip off webpage. His website is http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
>
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>> Email him and ask him if I have permission. Make sure you let Leythos
>> know what his answer is.
>>
>> --

>> "Fed Up" <fedup@fed.up> wrote in message
>>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message

>>> Or you could just google 'cedrick collomb' and look at the faq that
>>> contains contact information.

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:03:57 AM

pcbutts1 wrote:

> There are currently 1681 people online on one of my sites right now. Average daily
> hit count is 33000+ I

What's the URL?
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:45:21 AM

In article <wZpSe.506$6e1.343@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> You guys are idiots and you just don't know. There are currently 1681 people
> online on one of my sites right now. Average daily hit count is 33000+ I
> make more in one day from sponsor links then most of you make in one week.
> So if you think I care if they use my link or any other you are mistaken. I
> use those direct download links because most people who have spyware problem
> can't access the internet because of pop ups. What you and Leythos has
> failed to notice is that all my links, I have hundreds, don't go to my site
> just the ones I am authorized to use.

So, you post the links for your sites because you get PAID to direct
people to your sites - sounds very unethical to me - it's no wonder you
don't properly provide the links for the file.

Oh, and it's only been about a week since this all started, not a month,
but it will continue, as it would with any lame poster that hosts files
without the vendors permission and against their mirroring rules.

You can do your sponsored links, but since you don't just provide a
www.pcbutts1.com/antispyware link with all of the information and
vendors links, you are not helping the vendors, in fact, you are
detracting from the vendors chances to get donations - and you are
benefiting financially (by your own statement) at their expense.

After that post - showing how you're making money by not properly
hosting the links to the vendors sites, do you really think anyone is
going to respect you.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:47:31 AM

In article <vWmSe.1439$XY7.1083@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> I didn't ask you anything.

Yes, you did - you asked me to email you:

In article <qPkSe.1783$ZL4.679@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> If you want the authors contact info then email me, I will not post it here.

Keep it up little boy, now that you've told us how you're making money
directing people to your sites instead of the vendors, no one is going
to trust you.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:47:32 AM

I have decided that pcbutts is either 12 or has the mentality of a 12 year
old.

> In article <vWmSe.1439$XY7.1083@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
>> I didn't ask you anything.
>
> Yes, you did - you asked me to email you:
>
> In article <qPkSe.1783$ZL4.679@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
>> If you want the authors contact info then email me, I will not post it
>> here.
>
> Keep it up little boy, now that you've told us how you're making money
> directing people to your sites instead of the vendors, no one is going
> to trust you.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 7:22:10 AM

In article <#iLFznOsFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, fake@nowhere.org
says...
> I have decided that pcbutts is either 12 or has the mentality of a 12 year
> old.

Based on his posting times I would have to agree that he's probably a
kid in school and I'm willing to bet that he's in special classes too.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 8:11:41 AM

You have a serious read comprehension problem.

> In article <wZpSe.506$6e1.343@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
>> You guys are idiots and you just don't know. There are currently 1681
>> people
>> online on one of my sites right now. Average daily hit count is 33000+ I
>> make more in one day from sponsor links then most of you make in one
>> week.
>> So if you think I care if they use my link or any other you are mistaken.
>> use those direct download links because most people who have spyware
>> problem
>> can't access the internet because of pop ups. What you and Leythos has
>> failed to notice is that all my links, I have hundreds, don't go to my
>> site
>> just the ones I am authorized to use.
>
> So, you post the links for your sites because you get PAID to direct
> people to your sites - sounds very unethical to me - it's no wonder you
> don't properly provide the links for the file.
>
> Oh, and it's only been about a week since this all started, not a month,
> but it will continue, as it would with any lame poster that hosts files
> without the vendors permission and against their mirroring rules.
>
> You can do your sponsored links, but since you don't just provide a
> www.pcbutts1.com/antispyware link with all of the information and
> vendors links, you are not helping the vendors, in fact, you are
> detracting from the vendors chances to get donations - and you are
> benefiting financially (by your own statement) at their expense.
>
> After that post - showing how you're making money by not properly
> hosting the links to the vendors sites, do you really think anyone is
> going to respect you.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 8:14:35 AM

In article <1uuSe.1089$I91.869@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> You have a serious read comprehension problem.

AdAwareSE can be found here:

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

Edwide Security Suite Trial can be found here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
from here:
http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

Unlike the links that butts provides, these are the actual vendors sites
and you don't have to question their authenticity or if they are free
from infection or malware.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 8:15:08 AM

That's my spyware forum and my downloads mirror and file hosting site.

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>>
>> There are currently 1681 people online on one of my sites right now.
>> Average daily
>> hit count is 33000+ I
>
> What's the URL?

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 8:16:47 AM

In article <gxuSe.1091$I91.557@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> That's my spyware forum and my downloads mirror and file hosting site.

AdAwareSE can be found here:

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
from here:
http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

Unlike the links that butts provides, these are the actual vendors sites
and you don't have to question their authenticity or if they are free
from infection or malware.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
September 5, 2005 12:25:52 AM

Your OWN "spyware forum" huh? Then why do you continue to insist that hjt
logs be posted to this group? Even after being asked not to by an Micro$oft
employee

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> That's my spyware forum and my downloads mirror and file hosting site.

> "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
> > pcbutts1 wrote:
> >>
> >> There are currently 1681 people online on one of my sites right now.
> >> Average daily
> >> hit count is 33000+ I
> >
> > What's the URL?

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 4:42:04 AM

So what's the URL? aka http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx ?

> "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
> > pcbutts1 wrote:
> >>
> >> There are currently 1681 people online on one of my sites right now.
> >> Average daily
> >> hit count is 33000+ I
> >
> > What's the URL?
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 8:01:51 PM

Ask me in the other group and I will tell you. I don't want the Stalker
Leythos to know about it.

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>>
>> That's my spyware forum and my downloads mirror and file hosting site.
>
> So what's the URL? aka http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx ?

>> "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

>> > What's the URL?

September 5, 2005 8:01:52 PM

pcbutts1 wrote:

> Ask me in the other group and I will tell you. I don't want the Stalker
> Leythos to know about it.

Post the URL. Quite equivocating.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

In article <PZZSe.339$zq6.334@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Ask me in the other group and I will tell you. I don't want the Stalker
> Leythos to know about it.

First, I'm not a stalker, I was hear long before you ever learned about
Usenet.

Second, there is no place you could post it Usenet, under your current
alias, that anyone could not find it in Usenet.

Why would you be worried about me finding your website? I already know
what ISP you use, what ISP feed that ISP, etc... Do you really think it
would make any difference. I'm not malicious, am not hunting you down,
just giving SAFE information to people that you try to entice to your
sites, where you improperly host vendors files without giving them
credit, and where you've stated you make money based on Traffic. Sounds
like you are the unethical one here.

Oh, if you were to post a webpage with the links (included below) your
site would still register the traffic, but I don't expect you to
understand basics.

Read and follow these links as needed to fix your system:

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
place to download their application.

Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
at them.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

AdAwareSE can be found here:

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
from here:
http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
admitted to in this group.

When running these application, install them, update them, then reboot
in SAFE MODE and run them again to get even more things.

If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

Only download files from Trusted Sites.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 9:21:23 PM

Stalker!!!

> In article <PZZSe.339$zq6.334@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
>> Ask me in the other group and I will tell you. I don't want the Stalker
>> Leythos to know about it.
>
> First, I'm not a stalker, I was hear long before you ever learned about
> Usenet.
>
> Second, there is no place you could post it Usenet, under your current
> alias, that anyone could not find it in Usenet.
>
> Why would you be worried about me finding your website? I already know
> what ISP you use, what ISP feed that ISP, etc... Do you really think it
> would make any difference. I'm not malicious, am not hunting you down,
> just giving SAFE information to people that you try to entice to your
> sites, where you improperly host vendors files without giving them
> credit, and where you've stated you make money based on Traffic. Sounds
> like you are the unethical one here.
>
> Oh, if you were to post a webpage with the links (included below) your
> site would still register the traffic, but I don't expect you to
> understand basics.
>

> Read and follow these links as needed to fix your system:
>
> Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
> of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
> or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
> direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
> place to download their application.
>
> Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
> that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
> at them.
>
> Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.
>
> AdAwareSE can be found here:
> http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/
>
> SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
>
> Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
> http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
>
> You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
> from here:
> http://www.symantec.com/downloads/
>
> Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
> http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/
>
> These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
> name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
> get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
> admitted to in this group.
>
> When running these application, install them, update them, then reboot
> in SAFE MODE and run them again to get even more things.
>
> If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:
>
> Only download files from Trusted Sites.
>

> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 9:28:57 PM

In article <n8%Se.460$JN5.304@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Stalker!!!

Keep suggesting it - your ISP has clear rules for your type of actions.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 9:46:24 PM

Stalker.

> In article <n8%Se.460$JN5.304@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
>> Stalker!!!
>
> Keep suggesting it - your ISP has clear rules for your type of actions.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 9:46:25 PM

If you would prefer that ppl not respond to your stupidity, it's easy
enough. Either 1. Feel free to stay here and respond to posts for
assistance, but follow the accepted protocol which includes not posting
hijack this logs to the group, or 2. Go away and let the group do what it
does best, help others.

It has been helping others long before you came here, and will continue to
do so long after your ISP shuts off your internet connection.

> Stalker.

> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
>> In article <n8%Se.460$JN5.304@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
>> @seedsv.com says...
>>> Stalker!!!
>>
>> Keep suggesting it - your ISP has clear rules for your type of actions.
>>
>> --
>>
>> spam999free@rrohio.com
>> remove 999 in order to email me

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 9:46:26 PM

I second that!

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the person that's doing it."

Jone Doe wrote:
> If you would prefer that ppl not respond to your stupidity, it's easy
> enough. Either 1. Feel free to stay here and respond to posts for
> assistance, but follow the accepted protocol which includes not
> posting hijack this logs to the group, or 2. Go away and let the
> group do what it does best, help others.
>
> It has been helping others long before you came here, and will
> continue to do so long after your ISP shuts off your internet
> connection.
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>> Stalker.
>>
>> --
>>

>> The best live web video on the internet
>> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We
>> now sell DVR cards. See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>>

>> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
>>> In article <n8%Se.460$JN5.304@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
>>> @seedsv.com says...
>>>
>>> Keep suggesting it - your ISP has clear rules for your type of
>>> actions. --
>>>
>>> spam999free@rrohio.com
>>> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 11:31:31 PM

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:37:58 -0700 in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Rock favored us with...
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>
> > Ask me in the other group and I will tell you. I don't want the Stalker
> > Leythos to know about it.
> >

> Post the URL. Quite equivocating.

I don't believe "equivocating" is an adjective; I'm sure it's not a
quantifiable adjective, so you can't be more equivocating or less
equivocating or slightly equivocating or quite equivocating.

And the URL has been posted here several times -- twice by me in the
past few days. There's no need to go to pcbutts' site and risk
downloading unknown software.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 11:31:32 PM

equivocal
adj

1. Ambiguous; of doubtful meaning.

Thesaurus: obscure, ambiguous, vague, oblique, misleading, evasive,
ambivalent; Antonym: clear.
2. Of an uncertain nature.

Thesaurus: uncertain, undecided, indefinite, doubtful.
3. Questionable, suspicious or mysterious.

Thesaurus: suspicious, questionable.
Derivative: equivocally
adverb

And of course, as you probably DO know, "quite" is probably a typographical
error, it only makes sense if it was meant to be "Post the URL. Quit
equivocating."

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:37:58 -0700 in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Rock favored us with...
>> pcbutts1 wrote:
>>
>> > Ask me in the other group and I will tell you. I don't want the Stalker
>> > Leythos to know about it.
>> >

>> Post the URL. Quite equivocating.
>
> I don't believe "equivocating" is an adjective; I'm sure it's not a
> quantifiable adjective, so you can't be more equivocating or less
> equivocating or slightly equivocating or quite equivocating.
>
> And the URL has been posted here several times -- twice by me in the
> past few days. There's no need to go to pcbutts' site and risk
> downloading unknown software.

> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
> "And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
> days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child
September 6, 2005 12:57:20 AM

Is this the URL? http://www.pcbutts.com/ or is this it?
http://profiles.yahoo.com/pcbutts1 btw where's the pic?? lol

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> Ask me in the other group and I will tell you. I don't want the Stalker
> Leythos to know about it.

> "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
> > pcbutts1 wrote:
> >>
> >> That's my spyware forum and my downloads mirror and file hosting site.
> >
> > So what's the URL? aka http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx ?
> >
> >> The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
> >> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
> >> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
> >> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
> >>
> >> "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

September 6, 2005 2:39:11 AM

Stan Brown wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:37:58 -0700 in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Rock favored us with...
>
>>pcbutts1 wrote:
>>

>>>Ask me in the other group and I will tell you. I don't want the Stalker
>>>Leythos to know about it.
>>>

>>Post the URL. Quite equivocating.
>

> I don't believe "equivocating" is an adjective; I'm sure it's not a
> quantifiable adjective, so you can't be more equivocating or less
> equivocating or slightly equivocating or quite equivocating.
>
> And the URL has been posted here several times -- twice by me in the
> past few days. There's no need to go to pcbutts' site and risk
> downloading unknown software.

That's not the link we're talking about Stan.

Btw from Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary it's an intransitive verb.
One entry found for equivocate.
Main Entry: equiv·o·cate
Pronunciation: i-'kwi-v&-"kAt
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -cat·ed; -cat·ing
1 : to use equivocal language especially with intent to deceive
2 : to avoid committing oneself in what one says
synonym see LIE
- equiv·o·ca·tion /-"kwi-v&-'kA-sh&n/ noun
- equiv·o·ca·tor /-'kwi-v&-"kA-t&r/ noun

But as Jone indicated, it should have been "Quit".
--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

In article <MPG.1d869f5f496efaa5989701@news.individual.net>,
the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm says...
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:37:58 -0700 in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Rock favored us with...
> > pcbutts1 wrote:
> >
> > > Ask me in the other group and I will tell you. I don't want the Stalker
> > > Leythos to know about it.
> > >

> > Post the URL. Quite equivocating.
>
> I don't believe "equivocating" is an adjective; I'm sure it's not a
> quantifiable adjective, so you can't be more equivocating or less
> equivocating or slightly equivocating or quite equivocating.
>
> And the URL has been posted here several times -- twice by me in the
> past few days. There's no need to go to pcbutts' site and risk
> downloading unknown software.

The poster wanted butts to post the link to his online forum where there
are 80000000000 users online using it. Butts won't do it since he
doesn't have one.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 4:46:02 AM

pcbutts1 wrote:

> Ask me in the other group and I will tell you. I don't want the Stalker
> Leythos to know about it.

Hey, I'm just interested in _tech_ sites that do that much traffic as
that's my hobby and it may help me do my site, and/or add a link to your
site. I figured you'd be proud to post it, and, since I asked first, it
wouldn't be spam even if it was a 100% commercial site, which is OK if
that's what it is. Again, just curious.

> >> That's my spyware forum and my downloads mirror and file hosting site.
> >
> > So what's the URL? aka http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx ?
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 3:12:36 PM

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:39:11 -0700 in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Rock favored us with...
> Btw from Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary it's an intransitive verb.
[snip]

> But as Jone indicated, it should have been "Quit".

"Quite equivocating" sounds like "quite stimulating" or "quite
fascinating", though of course "stimulate" and "fascinate" are both
transitive verbs.

But yes, of course I knew it was a typo for "quit". I was trying to
make a yolk, but I guess the souffle fell.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 6:27:24 PM

Nothing against you Plato I've seen you posts in these groups for years and
I respect you. I use your site a lot. But the idiots in this group don't get
the satisfaction of knowing what it is. They won't believe it anyways. They
have on numerous occasions posted links to it they just don't know it's
mine. They don't like me and if they knew which site it is well......you
know I would rather keep it like that.

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>>
>> Ask me in the other group and I will tell you. I don't want the Stalker
>> Leythos to know about it.
>
> Hey, I'm just interested in _tech_ sites that do that much traffic as
> that's my hobby and it may help me do my site, and/or add a link to your
> site. I figured you'd be proud to post it, and, since I asked first, it
> wouldn't be spam even if it was a 100% commercial site, which is OK if
> that's what it is. Again, just curious.

>> > So what's the URL? aka http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx ?

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 7:15:37 PM

In article <gNCTe.2699$LZ6.501@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> They don't like me and if they knew which site it is well......you
> know I would rather keep it like that.

Don't put anyone in the same boat as your ethics - I personally would
never enter a site to mess with someone, that's something it appears you
would do.

The only thing you have ever had to worry about is posting links to
sites and asking people to trust you as an unknown site with software
that could easily be downloaded from the vendors site - and it would be
a known site instead of your unknown site.

All security sites warn against people downloading files from unknown
sites because they may not be what is said to be - almost every
company/university warns users and the public that "visiting unknown
personal Web sites or downloading software from =3Fwarez, "peer to peer"
sites and other unknown sites should be avoided." - that means that
since almost no-one knows you personally, and since you don't have valid
vendor links, that your site is "Unknown" as far as security is
concerned.

Here is a University that echoes this:
http://uis.georgetown.edu/helpdesksandsupport/computer....
yandstaff.html

Same thing from Wells Fargo:
http://www.wellsfargo.com/security/yoursecurity

From a ISP:
http://www.theedge.ca/internet/securityTips.html

From First National Bank:
http://www.fnb-bcs.com/disclosures/internet_security.as...

From NACS (Univ of California):
http://www.nacs.uci.edu/security/spyware.html

Since you can easily provide the people you reply too with proper links
to the vendors sites, you don't have to violate normal security
standards to help users - not to mention you stating that your
advertisers pay based on traffic to your site.

You've even been presented with the idea of creating a simple webpage at
your site with the links at them so that you can still get your ad
traffic, but you don't want to follow security norms.

What don't you understand about this - even the MVP's don't provide
direct download links improperly on their sites.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 10:14:20 PM

Stop replying to my posts Stalker.

> In article <gNCTe.2699$LZ6.501@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
>> They don't like me and if they knew which site it is well......you
>> know I would rather keep it like that.
>
> Don't put anyone in the same boat as your ethics - I personally would
> never enter a site to mess with someone, that's something it appears you
> would do.
>
> The only thing you have ever had to worry about is posting links to
> sites and asking people to trust you as an unknown site with software
> that could easily be downloaded from the vendors site - and it would be
> a known site instead of your unknown site.
>
> All security sites warn against people downloading files from unknown
> sites because they may not be what is said to be - almost every
> company/university warns users and the public that "visiting unknown
> personal Web sites or downloading software from =3Fwarez, "peer to peer"
> sites and other unknown sites should be avoided." - that means that
> since almost no-one knows you personally, and since you don't have valid
> vendor links, that your site is "Unknown" as far as security is
> concerned.
>
> Here is a University that echoes this:
> http://uis.georgetown.edu/helpdesksandsupport/computer....
> yandstaff.html
>
> Same thing from Wells Fargo:
> http://www.wellsfargo.com/security/yoursecurity
>
> From a ISP:
> http://www.theedge.ca/internet/securityTips.html
>
> From First National Bank:
> http://www.fnb-bcs.com/disclosures/internet_security.as...
>
> From NACS (Univ of California):
> http://www.nacs.uci.edu/security/spyware.html
>
> Since you can easily provide the people you reply too with proper links
> to the vendors sites, you don't have to violate normal security
> standards to help users - not to mention you stating that your
> advertisers pay based on traffic to your site.
>
> You've even been presented with the idea of creating a simple webpage at
> your site with the links at them so that you can still get your ad
> traffic, but you don't want to follow security norms.
>
> What don't you understand about this - even the MVP's don't provide
> direct download links improperly on their sites.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 10:31:05 PM

In article <06GTe.844$zq6.57@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Stop replying to my posts Stalker.

Stop using my name in your posts if you don't want me to reply.

Stop posting information that violates security norms if you don't want
to be called out on the table for it.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
September 8, 2005 12:53:25 AM

Stan Brown wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:39:11 -0700 in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Rock favored us with...
>
>>Btw from Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary it's an intransitive verb.
>
> [snip]
>
>>But as Jone indicated, it should have been "Quit".
>

> "Quite equivocating" sounds like "quite stimulating" or "quite
> fascinating", though of course "stimulate" and "fascinate" are both
> transitive verbs.
>
> But yes, of course I knew it was a typo for "quit". I was trying to
> make a yolk, but I guess the souffle fell.

ahhh...now I got it...must have been tired the first time - it was a
long, not so funny day.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

You are obsessed with me, you need help. Stop stalking me.

> In article <06GTe.844$zq6.57@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
>> Stop replying to my posts Stalker.
>
> Stop using my name in your posts if you don't want me to reply.
>
> Stop posting information that violates security norms if you don't want
> to be called out on the table for it.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 4:07:13 AM

Why are you giving this 'person' your time etc, when you could be answering
our posts.
All you do is bring him into the spotlight when you want him in the dark.
He is feeding on your animosity and probabling 'getting off' on it.
Everytime he shows himself, just do a warning post and leave it. I saw one
and would not touch him with a very long bargepole. I am sure there are
plenty of novices like myself who will heed the warnings.
Half the time we are too scared to switch on our computers let alone open a
web site.
If he feels you are libellous, then let him take his mouth to court.
But for goodness sake dont give him more of your time. Forget him,
ignore him and he might 'foxtrot oscar' himself.
You may well be angry - remember - Anger is a short madness!
Rock - shame on you - its 'equivatory' you were thinking of Im sure.
I would like to see the ones blanked by the censors.
If they did their jobs properly on this newsgroup they blank the bloody
racists that spout their filth.
Rgds
Antioch
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 4:07:14 AM

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:07:13 +0100 in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, antioch favored us with...
> Why are you giving this 'person' your time etc, when you could be answering
> our posts.
[snip]
> Everytime he shows himself, just do a warning post and leave it.

I agree with the second half of that advice. :-)

Trolls thrive on attention, and a warning post constitutes attention.
It's hard to know when someone is a troll (as opposed to clueless but
teachable), but it's pretty obvious what pcbutts is.

As Robert Heinlein said, "Never try to teach a pig to sing. You'll
just waste your time and annoy the pig."

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child
September 8, 2005 4:07:14 AM

antioch wrote:

<snip>

> Rock - shame on you - its 'equivatory' you were thinking of Im sure.

<snip>

> Rgds
> Antioch

hmmm.. wasn't thinking of that word. Never heard of it actually -
doesn't show up online. I'll need to check the Oxford Unabridged next
time I'm at the library.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

In article <uQcBlDAtFHA.3604@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
r.antiochDUMPTHIS@ntlworld.com says...
> Everytime he shows himself, just do a warning post and leave it.

Actually, there have been a number of posts of his that didn't need
addressed - when he doesn't post information or links to unknown files I
don't have any issues. It's got nothing to do with him at all, I would
do the same for anyone that posted non-vendor links to vendor files.

> I saw one and would not touch him with a very long bargepole.

Other than his violating most security standards/practices by
encouraging people to download unverified files from an unknown source,
I don't actually have any problems with him. He's not that bad a chap if
he could just understand security ideals.

Oh, one other thing - I'm not angry, in fact, I'm quite happy to try and
help him understand the difference between offering vendors files from a
personal (read that as unknown) web site and those offered via links
from a personal site - which is how professionals approach offering
files and which allows the downloader to authenticate that he's really
getting what he thinks he getting.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 5:03:24 AM

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 01:03:23 GMT in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Leythos favored us with...
> Oh, one other thing - I'm not angry, in fact, I'm quite happy to try and
> help him understand the difference between offering vendors files from a
> personal (read that as unknown) web site and those offered via links
> from a personal site - which is how professionals approach offering
> files and which allows the downloader to authenticate that he's really
> getting what he thinks he getting.

Meaning no disrespect, I think you're handicapped by thinking
logically. :-)

IMHO he _knows_ the difference, but doesn't _care_. Attempts to teach
someone who doesn't want to learn are a waste of time.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 6:15:44 AM

In article <MPG.1d8967f65e37676d98972b@news.individual.net>,
the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm says...
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 01:03:23 GMT in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Leythos favored us with...
> > Oh, one other thing - I'm not angry, in fact, I'm quite happy to try and
> > help him understand the difference between offering vendors files from a
> > personal (read that as unknown) web site and those offered via links
> > from a personal site - which is how professionals approach offering
> > files and which allows the downloader to authenticate that he's really
> > getting what he thinks he getting.
>
> Meaning no disrespect, I think you're handicapped by thinking
> logically. :-)
>
> IMHO he _knows_ the difference, but doesn't _care_. Attempts to teach
> someone who doesn't want to learn are a waste of time.

Yea, I have three teens (got started late) and see that every once in a
while. I see it a lot more in kids that don't have proper parental
interaction, where the parents don't take an active part in their kids
lives.

Still, like the clients we have that still thing the ebay warnings are
really from ebay, or the email from Nigeria may actually be real and a
good way to get some quick money, I fee sorry for him and just hope no-
one actually falls for his unauthenticated/unknown files.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 7:50:04 AM

I know the difference and you are right I don't care. I get paid way too
much to have to hand feed newbie's (no offence to the newbie's) in trouble
shooting issues, after all they come here for help not to be told to go
somewhere else. I make it easy for them and easy for me. You guys can't seem
to understand that. Most of you don't know the meaning of help or what it
means for someone who needs help to have to ask for it.

> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 01:03:23 GMT in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Leythos favored us with...
>> Oh, one other thing - I'm not angry, in fact, I'm quite happy to try and
>> help him understand the difference between offering vendors files from a
>> personal (read that as unknown) web site and those offered via links
>> from a personal site - which is how professionals approach offering
>> files and which allows the downloader to authenticate that he's really
>> getting what he thinks he getting.
>
> Meaning no disrespect, I think you're handicapped by thinking
> logically. :-)
>
> IMHO he _knows_ the difference, but doesn't _care_. Attempts to teach
> someone who doesn't want to learn are a waste of time.

> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
> "And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
> days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 7:52:05 AM

Then stop trying to teach me something.

> On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:07:13 +0100 in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, antioch favored us with...
>> Why are you giving this 'person' your time etc, when you could be
>> answering
>> our posts.
> [snip]
>> Everytime he shows himself, just do a warning post and leave it.
>
> I agree with the second half of that advice. :-)
>
> Trolls thrive on attention, and a warning post constitutes attention.
> It's hard to know when someone is a troll (as opposed to clueless but
> teachable), but it's pretty obvious what pcbutts is.
>
> As Robert Heinlein said, "Never try to teach a pig to sing. You'll
> just waste your time and annoy the pig."

> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
> "And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
> days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 10:45:09 AM

pcbutts1 wrote:

> Nothing against you Plato I've seen you posts in these groups for years and
> I respect you. I use your site a lot. But the idiots in this group don't get
> the satisfaction of knowing what it is. They won't believe it anyways. They
> have on numerous occasions posted links to it they just don't know it's
> mine. They don't like me and if they knew which site it is well......you
> know I would rather keep it like that.

No problemo.
!