Question for Vector owners

Just picked one up on the cheap :)
Aside from the loud speaker buzz (need to recap the sound board), I
don't hear any background sound (I have set audit 18 to 3). What does
the background sound supposed to "sound-like"? Could it be that the
speaker buzz is drowning it out?

Jim

The backsound sound is a simply a looping, drone-like sound - sounds
like an engine at idle.
Do you get other sounds effects which are not voice or the crowd noise
?

Marcel

No, nothing except voice and crowd noises. I did notice a unconnected
wire near the sound board (haven't had a chance to go through the
schematics yet). Are the voice and sound effects sourced from different
pins on the board?

Jim

There are 2 pots on the sound board. one for speech and one for sound.
Make sure both pots are turned up. Could be some cold solder joints
on those pots too preventing the background sound.

The sound is mixed on the board, so the loose wire will not help this
problem. As Razer suggests, don't check, just replace those two
adjuster pots. They will be nothing but trouble, and for $4.00, do
yourself a favor and get new ones in there.

that would be my guess too.

some times if you move the pot around a little the sound will come
back.

but if your going to cap the board replace the pots too.

this is a really fun game. be sure your settings are on lib. or you'll
likely never get a true feel for the game.

john

www.kansascitypinball.com

Thanks folks. I'll replace everything I can (caps, pots, Big Daddy
looks like a good source) and let ya know.

Jim