WTB: IJ NOS Bi-Plane w/Motor Kit

Loooking for an NOS bi-plane that has the motor already installed.
Also the hardware/PCB board that allows me to put a roller switch on
the ramp so the propeller is activitated by shooting a ball up the
ramp.

I know this is a tall request, but thought there might be someone out
there that could help me put it together.

Willing to pay accordingly...

Dave

Pinball Universe sells a kit (plane and motor) which "attaches to any
bulb". You could use one of the Pinball Lizard Gottlieb pop bumper
driver boards (changing a component or two) as a timed trigger; I
wouldn't be surprised that Joel would sell you the modified board.

Plane & motor kit: http://www.pinballuniverse.com/indianajonesparts.htm

Pop bumper driver board: http://www.pbliz.com/id26.htm

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Took a quick look at the pinball universe bi-plane. Anyone know if he
starts w/an NOS bi-plane?

Not original. It's a repro plane, and has no instructions or means to hook
it up properly. It's just a plane with a motor, so you'll need to get a
switch and figure out where to mount it and find a motor board of some sort
and figure out how to get that hooked up. It's no big deal, but it's not a
plug-and-play kit by any means. I figured the least he could have done was
throw in a sheet of paper with some suggestions on where to get the other
parts you need and how to go about hooking the thing up. He assumes you
already understand all that.

The description says it includes a "motor board," but this is misleading as
it doesn't include any circuitry to hold the motor on for any length of time
etc., which is why you need a pop bumper driver board or similar.

Randy

<cimdxb2@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Took a quick look at the pinball universe bi-plane. Anyone know if he
> starts w/an NOS bi-plane?

I would imagine the bi-plane is a repro - probably the RnR one. I had
an RnR repro (had to paint it myself) and it was good. The plastic was
not nearly as thick as the original but this made it less brittle.

cimdxb2@comcast.net wrote:
> Took a quick look at the pinball universe bi-plane. Anyone know if he
> starts w/an NOS bi-plane?

Go to http://www.pinballuniverse.com/indianajonesparts.htm

They sell them preinstalled and ready to wire up.

Greg

> Loooking for an NOS bi-plane that has the motor already installed.
> Also the hardware/PCB board that allows me to put a roller switch on
> the ramp so the propeller is activitated by shooting a ball up the
> ramp.
>
> I know this is a tall request, but thought there might be someone out
> there that could help me put it together.
>
> Willing to pay accordingly...
>
> Dave

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

That's not exactly true that you need another board. I have installed
on many IJ this kit for other people and tie it into the DOGFIGHT
HURRYUP lite and they have been running the propeller perfect.. When
you light Dogfight HU mode the lights flash and the propeller spins
till it times out or you make the shot. Been on one pin for about 2 1/2
years and working perfect.

Brad

pt

I prefer connecting it to the triangle light in front of the left ramp.
The propeller spins much more often that way including attract mode.

John

Each to their own, but I prefer to have the propeller spin when the left
ramp shot is made and to last the exact same time as that sound bite. Have
to use a bumper board to achieve that.

GRY