Downloading A Game...Need Help

sharpie

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

I want to download (from the internet) a game called Brothers In Arms, Road
To Hill 30.

I bought this same game at Staples yesterday but, I can't use it. I don't
have a DVD-ROM and It needs a DVD-ROM drive...looks like I'm stuck with it
now as I opened it already :(
This is the very first time I ever bought a game, just assumed it would work
because I had a P4 machine. I'm a newbie so to speak :(

Below is what I have:

Cicero Electronics Inc Intel(R)
Pentium (R) CUP 1.60GHz
1.59 GHz, 224 MB of RAM
Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Will I be able to download and play this game?
Can someone out there please help me, I'd really appreciate any help here.
Thanks

Cindy

From: "sharpie" <sharpe@hfx.eastlink.ca>

| I want to download (from the internet) a game called Brothers In Arms, Road
| To Hill 30.
|
| I bought this same game at Staples yesterday but, I can't use it. I don't
| have a DVD-ROM and It needs a DVD-ROM drive...looks like I'm stuck with it
| now as I opened it already :(
| This is the very first time I ever bought a game, just assumed it would work
| because I had a P4 machine. I'm a newbie so to speak :(
|
| Below is what I have:
|
| Cicero Electronics Inc Intel(R)
| Pentium (R) CUP 1.60GHz
| 1.59 GHz, 224 MB of RAM
| Windows XP
| Home Edition
| Version 2002
| Service Pack 2
|
| Will I be able to download and play this game?
| Can someone out there please help me, I'd really appreciate any help here.
| Thanks
|
| Cindy

If you download a game from the Internet, especially if it is free for the taking, you take
the chance of being infected. Games have always been the choice of malware writes as a
"Trojan horse" to infect your computer with some form of malware.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Chas

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

> From: "sharpie" <sharpe@hfx.eastlink.ca>
>
> | I want to download (from the internet) a game called Brothers In Arms,
> Road
> | To Hill 30.
> |
> | I bought this same game at Staples yesterday but, I can't use it. I
> don't
> | have a DVD-ROM and It needs a DVD-ROM drive...looks like I'm stuck with
> it
> | now as I opened it already :(
> | This is the very first time I ever bought a game, just assumed it would
> work
> | because I had a P4 machine. I'm a newbie so to speak :(
> |
> | Below is what I have:
> |
> | Cicero Electronics Inc Intel(R)
> | Pentium (R) CUP 1.60GHz
> | 1.59 GHz, 224 MB of RAM
> | Windows XP
> | Home Edition
> | Version 2002
> | Service Pack 2
> |
> | Will I be able to download and play this game?
> | Can someone out there please help me, I'd really appreciate any help
> here.
> | Thanks
> |
> | Cindy
> |

> If you download a game from the Internet, especially if it is free for the
> taking, you take
> the chance of being infected. Games have always been the choice of
> malware writes as a
> "Trojan horse" to infect your computer with some form of malware.
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Hi
I don't think your system has the required resources to run this game.
look Here
http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/brothersinarms/moreinfo_6122963.html
you can also download a demo
Chas

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 14:53:07 -0300, "sharpie" <sharpe@hfx.eastlink.ca>
wrote:

>I want to download (from the internet) a game called Brothers In Arms, Road
>To Hill 30.
>
>I bought this same game at Staples yesterday but, I can't use it. I don't
>have a DVD-ROM and It needs a DVD-ROM drive...looks like I'm stuck with it
>now as I opened it already :(
>This is the very first time I ever bought a game, just assumed it would work
>because I had a P4 machine. I'm a newbie so to speak :(
>
>Below is what I have:
>
>Cicero Electronics Inc Intel(R)
>Pentium (R) CUP 1.60GHz
>1.59 GHz, 224 MB of RAM
>Windows XP
>Home Edition
>Version 2002
>Service Pack 2
>
>Will I be able to download and play this game?
>Can someone out there please help me, I'd really appreciate any help here.
>Thanks
>
>Cindy

Sounds to me like you just learned the valuable lesson to always read
the system requirements printed on the box before purchasing the
software.

There is going to be no way for you to load this game on your system
and play it. Until you get a DVD rom drive in your system.

Why don't you have your CD-ROM drive changed to a DVD-ROM drive, it
shouldn't cost too much, I've just had to do that on my husbands machine
as he only had a CD-ROM drive you should also get software with it that
enables you to read and watch DVD's
Joan