JBL Creature III vs Corsair SP2200

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajh1979

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Hi Guys

As the title states im trying to find out which would be better in terms of sound quality for the following:

Listening to music
Gaming
Watching Movies

Device is to be connected to my Desktop PC (wont be used for anything else)

Any advice appreciated

nighthawk4

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
it seems as though they have the same problem: a bit weaker and less-quality sound when you turn the volume up. If you aren't planning on blasting out your ears with these though, i think you'll be fine with both of them.

I myself lean to the Corsair set, since i know JBL as a big high-powered PA system builder, and not so much in desktop sets. have a look at the Logitech Z-range. they might be a bit more expensive, but i'd get a set from them instead of one of these.

ajh1979

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Hi Nighthawk

Many thanks for your reply I have been looking at various speakers all day but my budget is not that great £70 max.

I have found some that look really nice but im dtruggling to find any reviews the system is

Roth Charlie 2.1

I can grab this for £69.99 but im not sure as I cant really find any reviews I dont suppose you have heard of these have you one guy on the interenet compared them to the Bose Companion 2.1 setup and said they were pretty much on par and if thats the case ill buy them ... right now!!

nighthawk4

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
well the Bose Companion 2.1 is €399,- so i don't think they'll be on par with that xD. They could be on par with the Bose Companion 2 set, but that one doesn't come with a subwoofer. Anyway, i have never heard of Roth (and i am quite the audiophile), but they do look professional. that doesn't say anything about the performance though.

So to be honest, if i were you i'd save up a bit more to get a better sounding system. You could go and buy these, but then i'd suggest you buy them offline in a shop so you can go back to the shop if they don't sound the way you like. even better, maybe you can test them there.

I have also looked into JBL a bit more, and it seems they deliver quite proper home systems. they do cost a bit more, but apparently they deliver good sound. But as ever, if you put more money into it, it generally is better.

so you could try those JBL Creature speakers, but again i suggest you first find a shop to see what they sound like :). over here in the Netherlands we have a kind of shop which sells pretty much everything that has to do with electronics, maybe if you have such a shop in the UK you can go there and try lots of speakers. every ear is different you know ;).

if you do that, a good rule of thumb is that when it sounds good, it is good, but how expensive it is mostly depends on what brand you get (like Bose, you pay a lot just for the brand :p), and how long you plan to use it. you can throw around Bose speakers all day, because that's party why they're so expensive.

in short, you can buy any brand as long as it sounds good, just take into consideration how long you plan to use them before you get a new set.

another suggestion: i have a Medion MD85500, which is pretty cheap i think, but i've been using it for the past 5 years and has never failed me. it's also a 5.1 set, which is great for movies and gaming alike :). if you can find them, i think you'll be happy with those.

ajh1979

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Hi Nighthwak

Thank you for your reply ive upped my budget to £100 and for that I can get the below system.

Hercules XPS 101 (2.1 system)

It has very much solid reviews which are giving the sound quality just below that of the Bose and for the price I think im on to a winner.

Do you know anything about these yourself?

Thank you

nighthawk4

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
i know hercules specializes in low-range products, so i think you'll have a very nice set with those. i say go for it :). still, it's worth spending a few hours driving to an offline shop where you can buy it. then you can return it if there's anything wrong with it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.