Mailto: opens IE window not OE new mail window

Hello, All!
Earlier OE New Message window used to open when I click to a link similar to
this. mailto:ferrabyr.17115.cwj@alexmannjobs.com. Now starts a new IE
window. How to make it open OE new mail window?

With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com
My System P3,256mb Ram, 20gb HDD, WinXP Pro SP2, NAV, Kerio.
2 answers Last reply
More about mailto opens window mail window

    1. http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx; then...

    2. http://www.oehelp.com/oelnk.aspx

    If still no joy, see:

    SendTo and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

    Brother Brock, please post your OE-specific questions to one of the
    following newsgroups:

    OE6-specific newsgroup:
    OE General newsgroup:
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    Brother Brock wrote:
    > Hello, All!
    > Earlier OE New Message window used to open when I click to a link similar
    > to this. mailto:ferrabyr.17115.cwj@alexmannjobs.com. Now starts a new IE
    > window. How to make it open OE new mail window?
    >
    > With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com
    > My System P3,256mb Ram, 20gb HDD, WinXP Pro SP2, NAV, Kerio.

    Fix the mailto: protocol. See if this helps:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/mailtoprotocol.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Brother Brock" <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, All!
    > Earlier OE New Message window used to open when I click to a link similar
    > this. mailto:ferrabyr.17115.cwj@alexmannjobs.com. Now starts a new IE
    > window. How to make it open OE new mail window?
    >
    > With best regards, Brother Brock. E-mail: Nobodyknows@unknown.com
    > My System P3,256mb Ram, 20gb HDD, WinXP Pro SP2, NAV, Kerio.

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP