Pinball World Cup update:

kme

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

The rosters for the pinball world cup have been expanded by 2. So
friday night at PAPA Sweden vs USA: 5 head to head matches, 4 split
flipper matches, 2 triples matches. One winner in the end for the
Pinball World Cup! USA's team now includes Paul Madison & Chris
Newsome. The USA has been served... so that means.. ITS ON!

Damn I wish I could go to PAPA. All the pins and awesome tournies and
now an international challenge on top of all that!!!

USA! USA! USA!

Good luck guys.

-- Jim

KME wrote:
> The rosters for the pinball world cup have been expanded by 2. So
> friday night at PAPA Sweden vs USA: 5 head to head matches, 4 split
> flipper matches, 2 triples matches. One winner in the end for the
> Pinball World Cup! USA's team now includes Paul Madison & Chris
> Newsome. The USA has been served... so that means.. ITS ON!

kme

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

>Paul is in, now I really wish I could attend. LTG :)

Even though I didn't pick the team i did push to add more players
because if you have Paul Madison as an alternate then you know there
arent enough spots. Hopefully by next year we can have a true
qualifying system rather than letting the opponent pick our team cuz
there are many more A players (Except Josh Sharpe) more than capable.
:)

BTW Josh, you are the alternate now. So have Tonya Harding knee-cap
Lyman and the spot is yours ;)

cah

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2005

KME wrote:
> >Paul is in, now I really wish I could attend. LTG :)
>
> Even though I didn't pick the team i did push to add more players
> because if you have Paul Madison as an alternate then you know there
> arent enough spots. Hopefully by next year we can have a true
> qualifying system rather than letting the opponent pick our team cuz
> there are many more A players (Except Josh Sharpe) more than capable.
> :)
>
> BTW Josh, you are the alternate now. So have Tonya Harding knee-cap
> Lyman and the spot is yours ;)

Josh could also serve as "Consultant". Challenge the Swedes to any EM
and Josh can whip out his cell phone in an instant and call his dad to
get an instant strategy guide, like he did at PAPA 7 ;-)

"KME" <daveycat2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The rosters for the pinball world cup have been expanded by 2. So
> friday night at PAPA Sweden vs USA: 5 head to head matches, 4 split
> flipper matches, 2 triples matches. One winner in the end for the
> Pinball World Cup! USA's team now includes Paul Madison & Chris
> Newsome. The USA has been served... so that means.. ITS ON!

>Even though I didn't pick the team i did push to add more players

Sweet!!
Thanks

Chris

Hi All,

Noticed this was US vs Sweeden.

Just cusious,

Is sweeden 'into' pinball more that most countires.

Just curious because I work with a bunch of sweeds and did not realize they
had an affinfty for pinball

skidog wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Noticed this was US vs Sweeden.
>
> Just cusious,
>
> Is sweeden 'into' pinball more that most countires.

Sweden won the European Team Championships.

US won, uh, the US Team Championships...

> Just curious because I work with a bunch of sweeds and did not realize they
> had an affinfty for pinball
>
> "KME" <daveycat2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > The rosters for the pinball world cup have been expanded by 2. So
> > friday night at PAPA Sweden vs USA: 5 head to head matches, 4 split
> > flipper matches, 2 triples matches. One winner in the end for the
> > Pinball World Cup! USA's team now includes Paul Madison & Chris
> > Newsome. The USA has been served... so that means.. ITS ON!

We're the home team! We get to defend... like the America's Cup...
which we lost... does that make it the Australia's Cup or whatever now?

- Bowen, wishing he could be there on Friday

Got it. Just thought the Sweed's might have an affininty for pinball
similar to the way Brazil has an affinity towards soccer. But sounds like
just a select few like here in the US.

KME wrote:
> - Bowen, wishing he could be there on Friday
>
> Giving up your spot to Josh?

Talk about a step down!! ;-)

Choosing between a PAPA champ and a PAPA junior champ. Looks like the
US is in trouble!

-Josh Sharpe

Well skidog, you learn something new everyday. Us Sweedes ( you missed an
"e" ) are into pinball. Big Time ! LTG :)

"skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Noticed this was US vs Sweeden.
>
> Just cusious,
>
> Is sweeden 'into' pinball more that most countires.
>
> Just curious because I work with a bunch of sweeds and did not realize
they
> had an affinfty for pinball

kme

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

>Talk about a step down!! ;-)

>Choosing between a PAPA champ and a PAPA junior champ. Looks like the
>US is in trouble!

Dont worry Josh, we'll dig up a Hello Kitty backpack or some giant
plush to give you some incentive like the old days. If two spots open
up you and Zach can fight over it.

No way man, I choose.... John Shields!

Oh, wait, he's Canadian right? Alright, I guess I'll give it up to
Minnesota champion Zack.

Actually there should be a knock-down drag-out war, Sharpe vs. Sharpe,
on Thursday night to determine who gets to represent Team USA. I'd pay
to see that.

- Bowen

As much as it pains me, PAINS me to correct you, I was the runner up at
Minnesota unfortunately, but it terms of another battle with my bro, I
wouldn't want to beat up on him too much, we still need each other for
our pinbrawl team now!

Zach

p.s. but if we really wanted to be technical in terms of who should
represent, how about the most recent PAPA champion? hmmmm...Josh
junior champion at PAPA 5, but wait a second! Zach junior champion at
PAPA 6! ;-)
Bowen Kerins wrote:
> No way man, I choose.... John Shields!
>
> Oh, wait, he's Canadian right? Alright, I guess I'll give it up to
> Minnesota champion Zack.
>
> Actually there should be a knock-down drag-out war, Sharpe vs. Sharpe,
> on Thursday night to determine who gets to represent Team USA. I'd pay
> to see that.
>
> - Bowen

Did not realize you were Swedish Lloyd.

I would have expected Olsson.

As I mentioned I work with about 50 Sweedes and I now that I know there is
an interest I'll invite them over for a freindly game.

P.S. If your ever in Raleigh NC please give me a shout and please drop by
yourself.

Regards
Bob

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Well skidog, you learn something new everyday. Us Sweedes ( you missed an
> "e" ) are into pinball. Big Time ! LTG :)
>
> "skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Noticed this was US vs Sweeden.
>>
>> Just cusious,
>>
>> Is sweeden 'into' pinball more that most countires.
>>
>> Just curious because I work with a bunch of sweeds and did not realize
> they
>> had an affinfty for pinball

Pinball in Sweden is doing fairly good. Swedish championship
www.flippersm.se (only in Swedish, sorry) last year had 186 particiants
and Stockholm Open www.stockholmopen.nu had a bit over 100 participants
including a few americans like K-Mart & Chris Newsom. I guess in Europe
it's Sweden & Netherlands that competes about the best country and we
did win the European team championship 2005.

We also have a rather good pin-climate in Stockholm
http://stockholm.pinball.org/ with quite a few games available...

See ya all in a few days at PAPA :)

/Svante

skidog skrev:

> Did not realize you were Swedish Lloyd.
>
> I would have expected Olsson.
>
> As I mentioned I work with about 50 Sweedes and I now that I know there is
> an interest I'll invite them over for a freindly game.
>
> P.S. If your ever in Raleigh NC please give me a shout and please drop by
> yourself.
>
> Regards
> Bob
>

> "Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> > Well skidog, you learn something new everyday. Us Sweedes ( you missed an
> > "e" ) are into pinball. Big Time ! LTG :)
> >
> > "skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> Noticed this was US vs Sweeden.
> >>
> >> Just cusious,
> >>
> >> Is sweeden 'into' pinball more that most countires.
> >>
> >> Just curious because I work with a bunch of sweeds and did not realize
> > they
> >> had an affinfty for pinball

PAL

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002

In Europe, there are two countries that stand out. They have a sharper
top and a broader ground than the rest. I don't think any other country
than these two could come up with a seven-player team without having
players in the team that don't really qualify. These two countries are
Sweden and Holland (even though Holland screwed up at EPC, and met
Sweden already in the semi final).

But, as much as I hate to admit it, I wouldn't bet my money on a
European victory. :(

But I will sure enjoy seeing Chris get EuroShatzed again!

Svante schreef:

> Pinball in Sweden is doing fairly good. Swedish championship
> www.flippersm.se (only in Swedish, sorry) last year had 186 particiants
> and Stockholm Open www.stockholmopen.nu had a bit over 100 participants
> including a few americans like K-Mart & Chris Newsom. I guess in Europe
> it's Sweden & Netherlands that competes about the best country and we
> did win the European team championship 2005.
>
> We also have a rather good pin-climate in Stockholm
> http://stockholm.pinball.org/ with quite a few games available...
>
> See ya all in a few days at PAPA :)
>
> /Svante
>
> skidog skrev:
>
> > Did not realize you were Swedish Lloyd.
> >
> > I would have expected Olsson.
> >
> > As I mentioned I work with about 50 Sweedes and I now that I know there is
> > an interest I'll invite them over for a freindly game.
> >
> > P.S. If your ever in Raleigh NC please give me a shout and please drop by
> > yourself.
> >
> > Regards
> > Bob
> >

> > "Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> > > Well skidog, you learn something new everyday. Us Sweedes ( you missed an
> > > "e" ) are into pinball. Big Time ! LTG :)
> > >
> > > "skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> > > they

And we thought 'Netherlands' that we are the only Active Pinball
Community in Europe. but it changed and that is nice, because the more
the merrier :D
Belgium is not so Active. although there is 1 player in Belgium which
is fairly good. and Germany is Active too. but a different Way, then
here in the Netherlands. This little country has so much of active
things. take for example the Dance Scene. do you guys ever heard of a
Dj Called Tiesto or Big Dance Festivals like Sensation? Tiesto is The
Best DJ in the World and Sensation is The world leading Dance Event.
but PAPA is The World Leading Pinball Event. :) and i'm happy that i be
there soon again :)

Peace out

Tha *Dutch* Tommy CyBeRRoy

beware for Chris PAL. suriously
don't underestimate him,.. he is an nice person and a very good player.
especially when he has HIS day.
and if i need to bet between the US and Sweden.
i bet on the USA team.

Tha *Dutch* Tommy CyBeRRoy

PAL

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002

I know, Roy. He stayed at my place during Stockholm Open, and I can
still remember his 179M om TSPP in TM. But I did beat him a couple of
times when we toured the city playing for pleasure!

did he also had the mystery tour,. 'when all 2x are maded with
otto's.it's funny to play pinball with the 2 arms crossed :) love that
machine :D LOL

But I will sure enjoy seeing Chris get EuroShatzed again!

:)
Hopefully not!

PAL, Roy, Stefan and all the other Dutch, Swedish and non-American
players, I am glad that you are making the effort to come to PAPA to
truly make it the world championships.
See all of you soon.

Chris

i'm allready counting down the days until
i fly to the states again :)

want to play some nice pinball with ya all guys.
and i'm even more then pleased to be @ PAPA again.

see ya there Chris and other fellow pinheads.

Dutch *Tommy* CyBeRRoy