SPDIF from Computer to Home Theater System

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc617

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
So my computer's motherboard (ASUS M4A785-M) has an optical SPDIF out and my home theater system (Durabrand HT-395) has an optical input and I was trying to figure out what kind of cable would work with this combination.

I got this "SPDIF" cable from a friend and this one doesn't fit either my computer no my home theater system. Both ends don't fit snuggly in. One end is thin and hangs out and can be knocked out very easily. THe more square end's plastic coating doesn't even fit into either the input or output. Can anyone help me figure out what kind of SPDIF cable fits so I can connect my computer to my theater system?

Home theater systems use a Toslink Digital Audio Cable which has cover on the connectors that very often that needs to be removed. This is not an electrical wire but an optical tube that transmits light so the ends just hold the tube in place. You can see a red light coming out the jack.
Make sure that the optical out of the computer is turned on in the audio control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.