Kingston ValueRam question

Simple question really....I have read posts in the Dell forum that state
ValueRam works fine in their systems. I have also read posts that state stay
away. Now since the memory comes from various suppliers such as Samsung, can
I safely assume that if I have 2 ValueRam modules with Samsung RAM it should
work properly on my 4600? I know that only by installing will I know for
sure but I am anxious to get some comments on the Kingston ValueRam first.

Regards,
John O.

the answer differs depending on the particular model computer being
discussed. in the case of the dimension 4600 i can assure you that kingston
value ram works fine. this system has a total of four sockets for memory
modules. this system supports dual channel ram which means that for the
best performance you should install memory in like pairs. ie, if you wanted
to add 512mb of ram to the system then you should install two 256mb modules
(of course this assumes that you have two open slots otherwise you may have
to pull modules and loss some of your existing memory before being able to
add the new memory to your system). alternatively, you can add a single
512mb module but the system will see that you have an unbalanced pair and
therefore slow all memory in the system to single channel access. this is
only an example, your system can support a variety of different sized memory
modules for a total of 4gb of with the installation of four 1gb modules.

specifically, i have used the kingston kvr400x64c3ak2/512 kit which contains
two 256mb pc3200 modules for a system that had a p4 2.8ghz with 400mhz fsb.
there is no reason why any pc3200 modules should fail to work in this
system.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10347969&loc=101&hdwt=0&sp=1 also
check out crucial.com

"JJO" <jjo@nospam.ca> wrote in message
> Simple question really....I have read posts in the Dell forum that state
> ValueRam works fine in their systems. I have also read posts that state
stay
> away. Now since the memory comes from various suppliers such as Samsung,
can
> I safely assume that if I have 2 ValueRam modules with Samsung RAM it
should
> work properly on my 4600? I know that only by installing will I know for
> sure but I am anxious to get some comments on the Kingston ValueRam first.
>
> Regards,
> John O.

Thanks for the reply. In Canada the RAM prices are more than the US but I am
considering it based on the sale price at Future Shop. I can save more than
50% on another 512MB of ValueRAM and with some of the newer games it never
hurts to have more RAM installed.

Regards,
John O.