recovering data from a corrupt harddrive

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Anyone know how I can recover my data from a hard drive I've recently
corrupted (its a long story). Whilst in the process of moving/renaming
partitions I've managed to corrupt my harddrive which contains an xp
operating system, four partitions and 150 gigabytes of movies etc. I've
now installed xp on my other drive but it wont recognise the other one.
Infact its not recognising the other disc or its patitions at all, even thru
windows recovery 'chkdsk' where it just says disk it unformatted. Norton
disc doctor at least recognised the disc as corrupted (and unformatted) and
declares a bad partion table but is unable to fix it. I think my data is
probably lost for good and I'm going to have to reformat but if any one has
any ideas I could try before I resort to that, I would be very grateful

Steve

"Steve" <tentenmusic@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Anyone know how I can recover my data from a hard drive I've recently
> corrupted (its a long story). Whilst in the process of moving/renaming
> partitions I've managed to corrupt my harddrive which contains an xp
> operating system, four partitions and 150 gigabytes of movies etc. I've
> now installed xp on my other drive but it wont recognise the other one.
> Infact its not recognising the other disc or its patitions at all, even
> thru
> windows recovery 'chkdsk' where it just says disk it unformatted. Norton
> disc doctor at least recognised the disc as corrupted (and unformatted)
> and
> declares a bad partion table but is unable to fix it. I think my data is
> probably lost for good and I'm going to have to reformat but if any one
> has
> any ideas I could try before I resort to that, I would be very grateful
>
> Steve

So a search online for data recovery software. There are plenty available.
Some are free, some you pay for. Depends on what that data is worth.