Tech : SoF high score problem

Hi

I have just had time to play a bit on my SoF now that I have
finished cleaning and checking out all works well.........

I got the high score and tried to put my name up and
all that would happen was the alphabet kept revolving
and I could not pick a letter..........hence the could
not put a high score up

What's up anyone know Thanks

J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG

http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK

Terry C

SoF uses an additional microswitch on the flipper button - check to
make sure one side or the other isn't mashed permantently in, and
there's nothing shorted around it.

Yes, that's a common fault with SoF: failure to lane-change the high
score initials properly.

That's because the game has lane-change switches just for entering high
score initials! There's no lanes in the game that have lights, so
there's no lanes to change, so players/operators never know the lane
changes are broken until they go to enter their high scores....

Although, with SoF, your high score is usually good only while the next
4 games are played :)

Josh

-Although, with SoF, your high score is usually good only while the
next
-4 games are played :)

I take it you mean because it's so easy to roll SoF? One of the few
games I have set to EX HARD-Altered, and with the outlanes opened wide
up. Not so easy to roll then, in fact I haven't yet. But on factory,
it's hard to not roll it

Yep, that's it!!
One of the easiest (and most fun) games ever made.

Make sure to set the Magic Special to extra hard also, even though it
still is very easy.

SoF could have benefited from some rules balancing (commence
brainstorming here, people have had tons of good ideas over the years
to make this game more fair).

A shame they didn't get 8-digit scoring working one game earlier, so
SoF could have had 10M+ scoring before Taxi :)

Josh