warranty extension?

Hello. I bought a Dell Dimension 4600 last October with a one year on-site
warranty.
As this is now nearly up I'm wondering if I can buy an extension for another
year? and how much it would cost. I cant find anything definite on their UK
website.
I've added a firewire card and memory (bought from Dell) I'm not sure
whether this would affect it.
I don't know whether to just leave it though. I know by reading newsgroups
it seems that Dells support for home computers appears to have declined
somewhat.
I don't have any personal experience of Dell support though, as the computer
has worked fine and I've had no problems with it.
Thanks?

You'll have to call for a quote, but in the US, the warranty can be
extended.
Unless you've got an expensive to repair or replace LCD monitor to cover, I
wouldn't bother - nothing inside the system would cost more than $150 or so
to replace, excepting the CPU - which is very rarely a point of failure.

"HarrySpider" <whatevernext10@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I bought a Dell Dimension 4600 last October with a one year on-site
> warranty.
> As this is now nearly up I'm wondering if I can buy an extension for
another
> year? and how much it would cost. I cant find anything definite on their
UK
> website.
> I've added a firewire card and memory (bought from Dell) I'm not sure
> whether this would affect it.
> I don't know whether to just leave it though. I know by reading newsgroups
> it seems that Dells support for home computers appears to have declined
> somewhat.
> I don't have any personal experience of Dell support though, as the
computer
> has worked fine and I've had no problems with it.
> Thanks?

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

You can get an Extention to your cover contact customer services and its
usually 3 years they do - bear in mind this is in reality a type of
insurance policy and insurance is basically something you never need untill
you need to claim on it and after all basically its just a promisary note
and all you get for yor money is a piece of paper with a promise on it -
personnally I would definatly take it if you can get it - but the choice is
yours