Dell C800 Latitude internal speaker

Hi Guys,

I had to replace the internal (sidemount)CD drive on my C800 a few days
ago, so I happily removed every screw I could find, dragged the keyboard
out etc, then realised I should have removed one screw and it all but
falls out. Oh well, this is how we learn....... (please, no RTFM jokes at
this point)

The good news is it all went back together ok, and the new drive works as
well! then tonight I went to run a music file on it, and realised I had
lost audio, so lots of checks later (Linux) I have come to the conclusion
that the internal speaker is the issue, I guess I must have dislodged a
connection or something, so my question is, where is it, and how do I get
to it?

TIA

--
/d

go to support.dell.com and enter your system tage number or model number and
the look under system documentation and download the service manual. it
details the assembly/disassembly of the system. you may have unseated the
audio board or pinched an internal speaker cable.

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 14:31:08 +0000, Christopher Muto wrote:

> go to support.dell.com and enter your system tage number or model number and
> the look under system documentation and download the service manual. it
> details the assembly/disassembly of the system. you may have unseated the
> audio board or pinched an internal speaker cable.

Many thanks, I will give it a try.

--
/d

TRENDING THREADS