how do I get the desktop icon from Google to stay the big "G" instead of
going back to the geriatric window icon. Every time I make a new short cut I
get the window icon. Only some times the true Google short cut will come up
on the desk top,but it never stays long till it turns back to the geriatric
icon. his also does this with the EBay icon. All the other icons I have stay
the same way and never gone geriatric on me. If you can help I say Thank
You, this is making me Nuts.

These are known a FavIcons (Favorites Icons) and they are temporarily stored in your Temporary Internet Files cache. As older files are flushed out to make room for new files, these icons get removed.

See http://www.gratilog.net/anglais/internet/favorg.zip for a utility that will allow you to save/restore FavIcons.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.