xp2600
512 32 corsair
asus 5900 fx
SB Audigy 2
viewsonic g810 21" 20 3/4" viewable corner to corner
Logitech z680 500 watt speaker system

My next will be either 64 3200 or p4 3.2c
1 gig ram dont know what kind yet
as for sound cards and video I have 9800 pro on other system not to impressed it also a xp 2600 with 19" monitor

Any suggestions on Cpu, Motherboard and Memory will greatly be appreciated

my hard drives are all raptor on raid and 30 gig maxtor

LIFE IS LIKE A BOLT OF LIGHTNING...UNLESS YOU MAKE AN IMPACT YOU WON'T BE NOTICED

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
If that'd yer current system, over clock the 2.6 as far as it will go and hold off on an upgrade until 1/2q next year. There are new mobos, new chips, new vid cards coming down the pipe and I really think you'd be much better to wait.

Shadus

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
What game can't you run with that setup? I'd be hard-pressed to find one that doesn't run like clock work on there. No upgrade now can give you such a boost that you'll say wow! The Radeon 9800 system should rank right up there with the FX also.

I would agree with the other guy, wait till all the new fancy and sweet stuff comes out, you'll be happier with it.

-----------------------
Add witty comment here.

Icedout

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2003
thanks its nice to get input here rather than childish positions on hardware. I appreciate your input :)
As for games I run C&c Generals zero hour and with myself and 5 other armies it loads up and gives me the hardware issue message 20% of the time and when I go myself and 7 armies it get booted 95% of the times unless i can destroy them fast enough to lessen the load on the system.

LIFE IS LIKE A BOLT OF LIGHTNING...UNLESS YOU MAKE AN IMPACT YOU WON'T BE NOTICED

G

>As for games I run C&c Generals zero hour and with myself
>and 5 other armies it loads up and gives me the hardware
>issue message 20% of the time and when I go myself and 7
>armies it get booted 95% of the times unless i can destroy
>them fast enough to lessen the load on the system.

I doubt a faster system would solve it; either you are having some issues with your machine, or more likely, its just a buggy game. No ammount of hardware can solve that. Instead of throwing away money on a A64 or P4EE or something, you want to try upgrading your ram first though. There is nothing (yet) that a A64 (or P4/EE) would run, that your current setup wouldnt run, given enough RAM. Try a second stick of 512 Mb, but if that doesnt help, don't even bother upgrading. If it does help, you may not need an upgrade at all (likely).

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
Was that sarcasm, i can't really tell. But open your task manager and see how much resources you have, close all your programs before running the game, sounds like you are running low on system memory, if all else fails try another 512 mb of ram, I didn't think that game was to demanding but i could be wrong.

-----------------------
Add witty comment here.