Sign in with
Your question

Set Monitor Picture Settings?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 12, 2010 4:45:36 AM

I just got a beautiful new Asus 24" HD monitor for my new PC, and I'm testing it out with my laptop (before building the new rig). It's beautiful, and all that, just great.

But I did notice after a very very short period of time that it's factory vivid brightness gave me a headache and hurt my eyes in almost no time at all, maybe only 20 minutes of browsing websites with white backgrounds. I've tried playing around with the brightness and contract, and tried to find some accurate color tutorials online, but I can't seem to find a color profile that is both comfortable for my eyes AND color/white accurate (for example, making white a lot warmer and turning down the contrast helps, but then everything just looks really brown).

Any tips on adjusting the color, contrast, brightness, hue, etc so I can get a beautful picture, accurate color/white, and not burn my eyeballs out of my sockets?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
November 12, 2010 7:01:07 AM

The video circuitry in a laptop may not be up to the job of driving such a large screen.

As far as the white issue is concerned, Windows may allow you to change from white to (say) cream so investigate Windows Control Panel Video settings. You may also be able to change backgrounds in you browser ?
!