Finding hidden files

When I start up my computer it tells me I have 774 hidden files taking up
alot of space. My question is how do I find these files and get rid of them
3 answers Last reply
More about finding hidden files

    In article <F3D3A319-655B-437A-A219-07598338B01D@microsoft.com>, "I
    Miller" <I Miller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >When I start up my computer it tells me I have 774 hidden files taking up
    >alot of space. My question is how do I find these files and get rid of them

    To enable seeing hidden files, go to My Computer | Tools | Folder
    Options | View, and select "Show hidden files and folders".
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    What tells you that you have 774 hidden files?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:F3D3A319-655B-437A-A219-07598338B01D@microsoft.com,
    I Miller <I Miller@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    I Miller wrote:

    > When I start up my computer it tells me I have 774 hidden files taking up
    > alot of space. My question is how do I find these files and get rid of them

    Why do you assume these hidden files are bad and you need to get rid of
    them? On a standard install of XP all the OS files are hidden.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Computers Hidden Files Microsoft Windows XP