Finding hidden files

September 3, 2005 8:01:02 PM

When I start up my computer it tells me I have 774 hidden files taking up
alot of space. My question is how do I find these files and get rid of them

More about : finding hidden files

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 9:53:29 PM

In article <F3D3A319-655B-437A-A219-07598338B01D@microsoft.com>, "I
Miller" <I Miller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>When I start up my computer it tells me I have 774 hidden files taking up
>alot of space. My question is how do I find these files and get rid of them

To enable seeing hidden files, go to My Computer | Tools | Folder
Options | View, and select "Show hidden files and folders".
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 10:52:16 PM

What tells you that you have 774 hidden files?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:F3D3A319-655B-437A-A219-07598338B01D@microsoft.com,
I Miller <I Miller@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When I start up my computer it tells me I have 774 hidden files taking up
> alot of space. My question is how do I find these files and get rid of
> them
September 4, 2005 12:44:58 AM

I Miller wrote:

> When I start up my computer it tells me I have 774 hidden files taking up
> alot of space. My question is how do I find these files and get rid of them

Why do you assume these hidden files are bad and you need to get rid of
them? On a standard install of XP all the OS files are hidden.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User