error message after upgrade

QAnyone had this problem? My ex had an old system with XP Pro on it and
decided to upgrade the motherboard and some other items. After I did the
upgrade, I get blue screened with a 0x0000007b message. I can't start it in
safe mode or recovery console. To top it all off, she has lost the cds and
boot disks, so I don't have the product ID, so I can't do a reinstall. My
second drive has XP home on it and recognizes the other drive and shows all
the files, but I can't get access to all the items on the XP Pro side, such
as Office Pro. Any help greatly appreciated.
--
artm

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

artm53 wrote:

> QAnyone had this problem? My ex had an old system with XP Pro on it and
> decided to upgrade the motherboard and some other items. After I did the
> upgrade, I get blue screened with a 0x0000007b message. I can't start it in
> safe mode or recovery console. To top it all off, she has lost the cds and
> boot disks, so I don't have the product ID, so I can't do a reinstall. My
> second drive has XP home on it and recognizes the other drive and shows all
> the files, but I can't get access to all the items on the XP Pro side, such
> as Office Pro. Any help greatly appreciated.

You'll need to do a repair isntall to get the OS to recognize the new
hardware.

Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

"STOP 0x0000007B" error message when you restart your Windows XP-based
computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316401

regards,
ssg MS-MVP