Runtime Error

I just recently started having a problem when I open Internet Explorer.

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"

Runtime Error

This happens about once a day. I have to do a system restore every time it
happens.

what is causing this? Is there any remedy?

Thanks
Richard
4 answers Last reply
More about runtime error

    "Tricky" <me@myhome.org> wrote in message
    > I just recently started having a problem when I open Internet
    > Explorer.
    > "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"
    >
    > Runtime Error
    >
    > This happens about once a day. I have to do a system restore every
    > time it happens.
    >
    > what is causing this? Is there any remedy?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Richard

    Runtime Library Microsoft Visual C++, Runtime Error Program
    C:\Windows\Explorer.exe or Iexplore.exe, abnormal program termination.
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/CommonName.html
    or
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_AGENT.BK
    also make sure you don't have both the Sun JRE and the Microsoft VM JIT
    compiler enabled.
    If none of that helps, try uninstalling the Google toolbar.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Thanks I checked out those links but I don't seem to have any of those
    toolbar programs installed. And I don't have that Agent trojan ,well I can't
    find it in my registry.

    I have "Yahoo Address Auto Complete" installed in my toolbar . perhaps that
    is what is causing problems for me. But for some reason I am not able to
    uninstall it from add/remove programs.

    Tricky

    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > "Tricky" <me@myhome.org> wrote in message
    >> I just recently started having a problem when I open Internet
    >> Explorer.
    >> "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"
    >>
    >> Runtime Error
    >>
    >> This happens about once a day. I have to do a system restore every
    >> time it happens.
    >>
    >> what is causing this? Is there any remedy?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Richard
    >
    > Runtime Library Microsoft Visual C++, Runtime Error Program
    > C:\Windows\Explorer.exe or Iexplore.exe, abnormal program termination.
    > http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/CommonName.html
    > or
    > http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_AGENT.BK
    > also make sure you don't have both the Sun JRE and the Microsoft VM JIT
    > compiler enabled.
    > If none of that helps, try uninstalling the Google toolbar.
    >
    > --
    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    > Please respond in Newsgroup. Do not send email
    > http://www.fjsmjs.com
    > Protect your PC

    Still got big problems here. Is there a fix? Do I need to reinstall windows
    , reformat? I have to resolve this problem it's driving me nuts!!!

    Tricky

    > Still got big problems here. Is there a fix? Do I need to reinstall
    > windows , reformat? I have to resolve this problem it's driving me
    > nuts!!!
    > Tricky

    I doubt if that will help, but I don't know what else to suggest.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    > "Tricky" <me@myhome.org> wrote in message
    >> Thanks I checked out those links but I don't seem to have any of
    >> those toolbar programs installed. And I don't have that Agent trojan
    >> ,well I can't find it in my registry.
    >>
    >> I have "Yahoo Address Auto Complete" installed in my toolbar .
    >> perhaps that is what is causing problems for me. But for some reason
    >> I am not able to uninstall it from add/remove programs.
    >>
    >> Tricky
    >>
    >> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in
    >> message news:OYxoFQWsFHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >>> "Tricky" <me@myhome.org> wrote in message

    >>> Runtime Library Microsoft Visual C++, Runtime Error Program
    >>> C:\Windows\Explorer.exe or Iexplore.exe, abnormal program
    >>> termination. http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/CommonName.html
    >>> or
    >>> http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_AGENT.BK
    >>> also make sure you don't have both the Sun JRE and the Microsoft VM
    >>> JIT compiler enabled.
    >>> If none of that helps, try uninstalling the Google toolbar.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE

Internet Explorer Runtime Microsoft System Restore Windows XP