Gateway P-7811FX "What U Hear"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gergyhead

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
I have the Gateway P-7811FX from 2008, and I feel like I'm going insane trying to remember. Can someone confirm if under the Recording sound panel if there is an option for WHAT U HEAR? To check, right click on the sound icon next to click and select Recording Devices. In the white space of that panel Right Click and check Show Disabled Devices. and tell me if What U Hear is available. I just need confirmation.

I guess I'm working to hard and getting some of my machines mixed up. But I could have sworn I had that option in Windows 7 Ultimate before the HDD went bust. I just installed Win7 again today and have all the latest drivers but I do not see that What U Hear option now.

Someone confirm this please? Gateway wasn't really of any help in this regard and don't feel like paying for their support to just ask if this is available or not. I included a pic to show what it should look like if available. This is from my desktop

thanks
WHATUHEAR.png
[/img]

But here's a nifty way to enable it, if it works; I'm about to try it.
http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/how-to-enable-recording-in-windows-vista-and-windows-7/

Well, it works for me. 'Stereo mix' appears and you can use it.

Learn something new every day - I thought the feature had been removed from a forum I read a while ago. Now I'm really interested in getting Sonar to work again..

gergyhead

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010

I have done that. I even had the screen shot showing that I know that hidden feature.

I guess I need someone to respond that has the same Laptop make and model as I do. My desktop has the feature, it was just hidden. But I know that option was available on my laptop. the hardware supports it but it just won't show up anymore.

gergyhead

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
i've been doing research all day. appears to be a driver issue. Just annoys me that it doesn't work now and it did before. I need to use a software option now. Just very bummed about it now. Gateway was no help either. Some of their techs didn't even know about show disabled devices. quite sad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.