More about reinstall directx

    From: "phillr" <bibbobbib2@yahoo-dot-ca.no-spam.invalid>

    | I recently reinstalled Win XP on my computer. I'm trying to play
    | warcraft 3, but an error window pops up saying I have to have DirectX
    | 8.1 installed. I check my system and it says I have DirectX 9.0C
    | installed.
    |
    | So i'm thinking that when I installed Win XP, it somehow 'damaged' the
    | the installation of DirectX 9.0C that i had on it. I've downloaded the
    | setup file for 9.0C but it won't let me 'reinstall', because it keeps
    | saying that it's already installed.
    |
    | Is there anyway I can 'reinstall' DirectX 9.0C? Or can anybody tell me
    | how to install an older version of DirectX (link to a download?).
    | Maybe i'll install an older version, and then install 9.0C after
    | it......

    DirectX 9.0c is part of WinXP SP2. You can't uninstall it nor install an older version.

    You'll have to contact the makers of WarCraft 3 to see if they have an update or fix for
    v9.0c.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    After you reinstall Windows XP you have to obtain and install all of the
    Windows Updates again. If you do this, you will have the latest version of
    directx - and, your computer will be fully protected.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "phillr" <bibbobbib2@yahoo-dot-ca.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    >I recently reinstalled Win XP on my computer. I'm trying to play
    > warcraft 3, but an error window pops up saying I have to have DirectX
    > 8.1 installed. I check my system and it says I have DirectX 9.0C
    > installed.
    >
    > So i'm thinking that when I installed Win XP, it somehow 'damaged' the
    > the installation of DirectX 9.0C that i had on it. I've downloaded the
    > setup file for 9.0C but it won't let me 'reinstall', because it keeps
    > saying that it's already installed.
    >
    > Is there anyway I can 'reinstall' DirectX 9.0C? Or can anybody tell me
    > how to install an older version of DirectX (link to a download?).
    > Maybe i'll install an older version, and then install 9.0C after
    > it......

    Maybe this thread will help
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21308682.html

    "phillr" <bibbobbib2@yahoo-dot-ca.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    >I recently reinstalled Win XP on my computer. I'm trying to play
    > warcraft 3, but an error window pops up saying I have to have DirectX
    > 8.1 installed. I check my system and it says I have DirectX 9.0C
    > installed.
    >
    > So i'm thinking that when I installed Win XP, it somehow 'damaged' the
    > the installation of DirectX 9.0C that i had on it. I've downloaded the
    > setup file for 9.0C but it won't let me 'reinstall', because it keeps
    > saying that it's already installed.
    >
    > Is there anyway I can 'reinstall' DirectX 9.0C? Or can anybody tell me
    > how to install an older version of DirectX (link to a download?).
    > Maybe i'll install an older version, and then install 9.0C after
    > it......

Microsoft Directx Windows XP