it......

From: "phillr" <bibbobbib2@yahoo-dot-ca.no-spam.invalid>

| I recently reinstalled Win XP on my computer. I'm trying to play
| warcraft 3, but an error window pops up saying I have to have DirectX
| 8.1 installed. I check my system and it says I have DirectX 9.0C
| installed.
|
| So i'm thinking that when I installed Win XP, it somehow 'damaged' the
| the installation of DirectX 9.0C that i had on it. I've downloaded the
| setup file for 9.0C but it won't let me 'reinstall', because it keeps
| saying that it's already installed.
|
| Is there anyway I can 'reinstall' DirectX 9.0C? Or can anybody tell me
| how to install an older version of DirectX (link to a download?).
| Maybe i'll install an older version, and then install 9.0C after
| it......

DirectX 9.0c is part of WinXP SP2. You can't uninstall it nor install an older version.

You'll have to contact the makers of WarCraft 3 to see if they have an update or fix for
v9.0c.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

After you reinstall Windows XP you have to obtain and install all of the
Windows Updates again. If you do this, you will have the latest version of
directx - and, your computer will be fully protected.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"phillr" <bibbobbib2@yahoo-dot-ca.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I recently reinstalled Win XP on my computer. I'm trying to play
> warcraft 3, but an error window pops up saying I have to have DirectX
> 8.1 installed. I check my system and it says I have DirectX 9.0C
> installed.
>
> So i'm thinking that when I installed Win XP, it somehow 'damaged' the
> the installation of DirectX 9.0C that i had on it. I've downloaded the
> setup file for 9.0C but it won't let me 'reinstall', because it keeps
> saying that it's already installed.
>
> Is there anyway I can 'reinstall' DirectX 9.0C? Or can anybody tell me
> how to install an older version of DirectX (link to a download?).
> Maybe i'll install an older version, and then install 9.0C after
> it......

Maybe this thread will help
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21308682.html

"phillr" <bibbobbib2@yahoo-dot-ca.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I recently reinstalled Win XP on my computer. I'm trying to play
> warcraft 3, but an error window pops up saying I have to have DirectX
> 8.1 installed. I check my system and it says I have DirectX 9.0C
> installed.
>
> So i'm thinking that when I installed Win XP, it somehow 'damaged' the
> the installation of DirectX 9.0C that i had on it. I've downloaded the
> setup file for 9.0C but it won't let me 'reinstall', because it keeps
> saying that it's already installed.
>
> Is there anyway I can 'reinstall' DirectX 9.0C? Or can anybody tell me
> how to install an older version of DirectX (link to a download?).
> Maybe i'll install an older version, and then install 9.0C after
> it......

Status
Not open for further replies.