Page Cannot Be Displayed

Lately, many, many websites I try to access, i.e., Amazon.com; CDNow. com;
and many others, result in getting this Page Cannot Be Displayed. I have
Windows XP and I.E. 6.0. Does anyone know why this is happening? - Liz
Miller
2 answers Last reply
More about page displayed

    Liz,

    Also, make sure your security settings are all on default.

    Drew
    "Liz Miller" <rjt2111@accesstoledo.com> wrote in message
    > Lately, many, many websites I try to access, i.e., Amazon.com; CDNow. com;
    > and many others, result in getting this Page Cannot Be Displayed. I have
    > Windows XP and I.E. 6.0. Does anyone know why this is happening? - Liz
    > Miller

    In Internet Explorer -
    1. Tools > Internet Options > Advanced
    2. Scroll down to the Security Settings.
    3. Make sure that the two boxes are checked that say
    "Enable SSL 2" or "Enable SSL 3".
    Try your sites.

    Another thing you can try is:
    Go to start/run
    Type in: regsvr32 softpub.dll
    Press Enter or click OK

    Other information -

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305217
    Page Cannot Be Displayed Error During SSL 3.0 Server Session Timeout

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444
    Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Complete MSN Sign-up pr Connect to SSL
    Secured (128-Bit) Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813951
    You Cannot Access Your MSN E-mail Account or Authenticate with a Web Site in Various
    Programs

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303807
    "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Try to View Web Page on a
    Secure Web Site

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870700
    How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with IE6 SP2
    After you upgrade to Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2) in
    Microsoft Windows XP SP2, some SSL-secured (128-Bit) Web pages and Web sites may not
    work correctly. Frequently, this behavior is caused by security changes in Windows XP
    SP2.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326155
    "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Try to Start Internet
    Explorer - WinXP

    "Liz Miller" <rjt2111@accesstoledo.com> wrote in message
    > Lately, many, many websites I try to access, i.e., Amazon.com; CDNow. com;
    > and many others, result in getting this Page Cannot Be Displayed. I have
    > Windows XP and I.E. 6.0. Does anyone know why this is happening? - Liz
    > Miller

Amazon Microsoft Windows XP