Windows 7 corrupted admin account

inroomdining

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Hello,

So I have an HP c running windows 7 home premium. I set up one administrator (me) and four other accounts (wife and kids). Today my admin account won't load and I get the message “The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.”

I can log in on any other account, but the system won't recognise my admin password if I try to do anything such as create a new admin account or even (gulp!) edit the registry.

I don't seem to have a recovery disk for this machine and I can't create one without an admin password!

Any ideas?

neieus

Distinguished
When windows is unable to load the user profile that normally means that the user profile has become corrupted. One way to fix it would be to delete the corrupted user profile and on your next log on it will create a new profile folder. If there are any other ways I am not aware of them.

As for the password problem there's nothing I can do for you there...

inroomdining

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

Thanks - that's the problem. Because Windows won't load the admin profile, neither will it allow me to delete or create profiles - keying in the (correct) admin password from another account doesn't work because the profile itself seems to be corrupt. Not sure there is any way forward but thought I'd ask!

Hi

Have you tried starting in safe mode to see if there is real Administrator account without a password set.

alternatively P.Nordahl's Offline NT PassWord Editor (for Win NT3.5 to Win 7) can promote a standard user to an admin user

then from that account you can create a new account for your self

UBCD4win is a project to build a Windows PE .
You need a working Windows PC with an Admin account and a XP CD as the source for the project ISO builder

(preferably not a manufacturers OEM XP as non standard modifications to the XP CD cause build errors)

If the PC you are having problems is recent you may have to download a updated set of hard disk controller drivers from driverpack.net

It includes the P.Nordahl's Offline NT PassWord Editor iso image

I would go to the authors site and get the latest version of P.Nordahl's Offline NT PassWord Editor

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

regards

Mike Barnes

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ie7ywJG.jpg

This thread is over six years old.

Closing.
Wolfshadw