Sign in with
Your question

Freezes before it get to windows when booting up

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
April 12, 2010 1:46:39 PM

I have a Dell latitude D610 . that has been running great till yesterday . It froze up and i had to do a hard turn off ,when i restarted it back up ,it started to boot the but very slow then it froze up befor it got to boot windows . if i let it sit for a few then it will start to boot window i get to the welcome page then it freezes up .
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 12, 2010 2:25:24 PM

Try starting in safe mode (press F8 as Windows starts) you may be able to troubleshoot from there.
m
l
April 12, 2010 3:07:53 PM

tryed that , most of the time it freezes up before it get out of the Dell stat up screen . if it sites for a half hour then it mite start to load windows but then it freezes up . it seem like it gets hot .
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
April 12, 2010 9:06:58 PM

Run both memtest and a hard disk diagnostic in order to see if your memory or your hard disk are causing the problem. You can find both on the Ultimate Boot CD.
m
l
a b D Laptop
April 12, 2010 9:26:06 PM

Can you get into the bios and check the temps?
m
l
April 13, 2010 1:53:19 AM

anonymous1 said:
Can you get into the bios and check the temps?

can i do that in setup. sometimes i can get that far before it freezes up
m
l
April 13, 2010 1:57:31 AM

frozenlead said:
Run both memtest and a hard disk diagnostic in order to see if your memory or your hard disk are causing the problem. You can find both on the Ultimate Boot CD.

thanks I pulled the memory and added new ones I had on hand . I try and run the test and it freezes up about half way done
m
l
a b D Laptop
April 13, 2010 3:26:03 AM

Which test?
m
l
!