ron@catterall

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
I get an error code 19 and the system cannot start the cdrom drive. Says the registry is corrupted. How can I get my cdrom drive working again

ron@catterall

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

Many thanks for the pointer to ccleaner. I'll have a look at this, new to me.

However, digging back through the past on this forum I found this which worked perfectly. Thanks to all. But how did the registry get corrupted? and why could it not self-heal?

Proposed As Answer by Rishi Haware Soturday, March 06, 2010 7'14 PM
Marked As Answer by Nicholas Li Microsoft Contingent Staff, Moderator
Thursday, Morch 11, 2010 8:56AM

D DVD device driver is missing. Windows 7 64bit install.
CD DVD Drive is not Detected in
Windows Explorer - WINDOWS 7
Step: Clear the upper and lower registry filters
Clear the registry filters for Device Manager errol' codes 10 I 19,31, 32, 39 or 41 using the following
steps:
1. Use the Microsoft Fix it Solution from Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not
recoqnizad by Windows or other programs (in English).
If you cannot use the Microsoft Fix it Solution, continue using these steps to dear the upper and
lower reg is try fi lters man ua Ily.
2. Unplug all non-essential external plug and play devices, especially cameras.
3. Click Start I and then enter regedi t into the Search field. Click regedit.
Figure 12: Search for regedit
If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or
provide confirmation.
4. The Registry Editor opens.
5. Select Computer in the main window.
Figure 13: Registry Editor
6. Click File, Export, type a filename that is easy for you to remember, and then click Save.
A copy of the registry has saved for back-up purposes to the Documents folder. If problems
occur after using these steps, browse to the file and double-click it to restore the registry.
7. Click the arrow next to the following items in the list
HKEY _LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
Class
8. Select4D36E965·E325·l1CE·BFC1·08002BEl0318. Make sure you have selected this exact
key name.
9. If a lowerFilters value is listed on the right side of the registry editor window, select the
LowerFilters value and press the Delete key. Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.
Figure l~ Registry Editor. Lowerfilters key
10. If an UpperFilters value is also listed, select UpperFilters in the right window and press the
Delete key.
Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.
11. Delete all other UpperFilters and LowerFilters values within the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFCl-
08002BE10318 key if .!Iny exist.
12. Close the registry editor and restart the computer. The disc drive should now be recognized by
Windows. You may need to uninstall your disc recording software, restart the computer,
reinstall the CD/OVD writing software, and then restart the computer again if the software no
longer recognizes the drive (see next step).
Rishi Haware
Proposed As Answer by Rishi Haware Soturday, March 06, 2010 7'14 PM
Marked As Answer by Nicholas Li Microsoft Contingent Staff, Moderator
Thursday, Morch 11, 2010 8:56AM
Reply Quote

TRENDING THREADS