My Computer icon

For some reason the My Computer icon off my desktop has disappeared. Anyone
know how to get it back, thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about computer icon

    Right click Desktop | Properties | Desktop tab |
    Customize Desktop button | General tab |
    Desktop icons | Select what you want on the Desktop:
     My Documents
     My Computer
     My Network Places
     Internet Explorer

    [[Specifies whether these Windows items will appear as icons on your
    desktop. Select the check box if you want the item to appear on your
    desktop; clear the check box if you do not want the item to appear on your
    desktop.]]

    Or...

    Start | Run | Type: desk.cpl | OK

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:8F55EAA2-B0B4-4351-ABCD-9BF59F2D6EE2@microsoft.com,
    transient <transient@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    "transient" wrote:

    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    > > Right click Desktop | Properties | Desktop tab |
    > > Customize Desktop button | General tab |
    > > Desktop icons | Select what you want on the Desktop:
    > >  My Documents
    > >  My Computer
    > >  My Network Places
    > >  Internet Explorer
    > >
    > > [[Specifies whether these Windows items will appear as icons on your
    > > desktop. Select the check box if you want the item to appear on your
    > > desktop; clear the check box if you do not want the item to appear on your
    > > desktop.]]
    > >
    > > Or...
    > >
    > > Start | Run | Type: desk.cpl | OK
    > >

    > > --
    > > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >
    > > Wes
    > > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > In news:8F55EAA2-B0B4-4351-ABCD-9BF59F2D6EE2@microsoft.com,
    > > transient <transient@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > > For some reason the My Computer icon off my desktop has disappeared.
    > > > Anyone know how to get it back, thanks.
    > >
    > > thank you for very quick reply!!!

    BTW where do you learn all these short cuts. is there a compliation of
    shortcuts like crtl + f and such thank again!!

    Windows keyboard shortcuts overview
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/keys_general.mspx

    List of the keyboard shortcuts that are available in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301583

    Additional Keyboard Shortcuts...

    Internet Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306832

    WD97: Keyboard Shortcuts for Word 97
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;157935

    List of the keyboard shortcuts for Word 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211982

    List of keyboard shortcuts for Word 2002
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290938

    Works 6: Standard Keyboard Shortcuts for Works Word Processor
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270893

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:DCC8C6AA-4490-4C7D-9A2D-BE980EFD83F7@microsoft.com,
    transient <transient@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > "transient" wrote:
    >

    >> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Right click Desktop | Properties | Desktop tab |
    >>> Customize Desktop button | General tab |
    >>> Desktop icons | Select what you want on the Desktop:
    >>>  My Documents
    >>>  My Computer
    >>>  My Network Places
    >>>  Internet Explorer
    >>>
    >>> [[Specifies whether these Windows items will appear as icons on your
    >>> desktop. Select the check box if you want the item to appear on your
    >>> desktop; clear the check box if you do not want the item to appear on
    >>> your desktop.]]
    >>>
    >>> Or...
    >>>
    >>> Start | Run | Type: desk.cpl | OK
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>>
    >>> Wes
    >>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>>
    >>> In news:8F55EAA2-B0B4-4351-ABCD-9BF59F2D6EE2@microsoft.com,
    >>> transient <transient@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>>
    >>> thank you for very quick reply!!!
    >

    > BTW where do you learn all these short cuts. is there a compliation of
    > shortcuts like crtl + f and such thank again!!

    You're welcome. Keep having fun. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:3D804680-5557-48F0-90AA-EC19B3AF7CBB@microsoft.com,
    transient <transient@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Right click Desktop | Properties | Desktop tab |
    >> Customize Desktop button | General tab |
    >> Desktop icons | Select what you want on the Desktop:
    >>  My Documents
    >>  My Computer
    >>  My Network Places
    >>  Internet Explorer
    >>
    >> [[Specifies whether these Windows items will appear as icons on your
    >> desktop. Select the check box if you want the item to appear on your
    >> desktop; clear the check box if you do not want the item to appear on
    >> your desktop.]]
    >>
    >> Or...
    >>
    >> Start | Run | Type: desk.cpl | OK
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:8F55EAA2-B0B4-4351-ABCD-9BF59F2D6EE2@microsoft.com,
    >> transient <transient@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> For some reason the My Computer icon off my desktop has disappeared.
    >>> Anyone know how to get it back, thanks.
    >>
    >> thank you for very quick reply!!!

Desktops Microsoft Computers Windows XP