  • Microsoft
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
September 4, 2005 2:40:02 AM

For some reason the My Computer icon off my desktop has disappeared. Anyone
know how to get it back, thanks.

More about : computer icon

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:48:42 AM

Right click Desktop | Properties | Desktop tab |
Customize Desktop button | General tab |
Desktop icons | Select what you want on the Desktop:
 My Documents
 My Computer
 My Network Places
 Internet Explorer

[[Specifies whether these Windows items will appear as icons on your
desktop. Select the check box if you want the item to appear on your
desktop; clear the check box if you do not want the item to appear on your
desktop.]]

Or...

Start | Run | Type: desk.cpl | OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:8F55EAA2-B0B4-4351-ABCD-9BF59F2D6EE2@microsoft.com,
transient <transient@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> For some reason the My Computer icon off my desktop has disappeared.
> Anyone know how to get it back, thanks.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:48:43 AM

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Right click Desktop | Properties | Desktop tab |
> Customize Desktop button | General tab |
> Desktop icons | Select what you want on the Desktop:
>  My Documents
>  My Computer
>  My Network Places
>  Internet Explorer
>
> [[Specifies whether these Windows items will appear as icons on your
> desktop. Select the check box if you want the item to appear on your
> desktop; clear the check box if you do not want the item to appear on your
> desktop.]]
>
> Or...
>
> Start | Run | Type: desk.cpl | OK
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:8F55EAA2-B0B4-4351-ABCD-9BF59F2D6EE2@microsoft.com,
> transient <transient@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > For some reason the My Computer icon off my desktop has disappeared.
> > Anyone know how to get it back, thanks.
>
> thank you for very quick reply!!!
September 4, 2005 3:48:44 AM

"transient" wrote:

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
> > Right click Desktop | Properties | Desktop tab |
> > Customize Desktop button | General tab |
> > Desktop icons | Select what you want on the Desktop:
> >  My Documents
> >  My Computer
> >  My Network Places
> >  Internet Explorer
> >
> > [[Specifies whether these Windows items will appear as icons on your
> > desktop. Select the check box if you want the item to appear on your
> > desktop; clear the check box if you do not want the item to appear on your
> > desktop.]]
> >
> > Or...
> >
> > Start | Run | Type: desk.cpl | OK
> >

> > --
> > Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >
> > Wes
> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >
> > In news:8F55EAA2-B0B4-4351-ABCD-9BF59F2D6EE2@microsoft.com,
> > transient <transient@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > > For some reason the My Computer icon off my desktop has disappeared.
> > > Anyone know how to get it back, thanks.
> >
> > thank you for very quick reply!!!

BTW where do you learn all these short cuts. is there a compliation of
shortcuts like crtl + f and such thank again!!
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 1:55:40 PM

Windows keyboard shortcuts overview

List of the keyboard shortcuts that are available in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301583

Additional Keyboard Shortcuts...

Internet Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306832

WD97: Keyboard Shortcuts for Word 97
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;157935

List of the keyboard shortcuts for Word 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211982

List of keyboard shortcuts for Word 2002
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290938

Works 6: Standard Keyboard Shortcuts for Works Word Processor
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270893

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D CC8C6AA-4490-4C7D-9A2D-BE980EFD83F7@microsoft.com,
transient <transient@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> "transient" wrote:
>

>> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>>
>>> Right click Desktop | Properties | Desktop tab |
>>> Customize Desktop button | General tab |
>>> Desktop icons | Select what you want on the Desktop:
>>>  My Documents
>>>  My Computer
>>>  My Network Places
>>>  Internet Explorer
>>>
>>> [[Specifies whether these Windows items will appear as icons on your
>>> desktop. Select the check box if you want the item to appear on your
>>> desktop; clear the check box if you do not want the item to appear on
>>> your desktop.]]
>>>
>>> Or...
>>>
>>> Start | Run | Type: desk.cpl | OK
>>>

>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:8F55EAA2-B0B4-4351-ABCD-9BF59F2D6EE2@microsoft.com,
>>> transient <transient@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>>
>>> thank you for very quick reply!!!
>

> BTW where do you learn all these short cuts. is there a compliation of
> shortcuts like crtl + f and such thank again!!
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 1:56:13 PM

You're welcome. Keep having fun. :-)

--