Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
November 16, 2012 8:59:14 PM

I have a fresh install of windows 7 on my laptop. How do I install windows explorer?

More about : windows

a b $ Windows 7
a b D Laptop
November 16, 2012 9:01:01 PM

Windows Explorer is an integral part of Windows, it's already installed.
November 16, 2012 9:25:17 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
Windows Explorer is an integral part of Windows, it's already installed.

Yup - Windows would be incapable of functioning without it. Did you mean Internet Explorer? That also comes pre-installed but I have seen it become corrupted due to folder deletion and require a re-installation.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 16, 2012 9:45:38 PM

Quote:
Yup - Windows would be incapable of functioning without it. Did you mean Internet Explorer? That also comes pre-installed but I have seen it become corrupted due to folder deletion and require a re-installation.

On the European versions of Windows 7 Internet Explorer is not included. You can download Internet explorer from the Microsoft web site or from the browser choice update.
November 17, 2012 5:08:14 AM

game junky said:

Yes Internet Explorer but where do I find it?
November 17, 2012 11:32:14 AM

Click on Start, then All Programs, the Internet Explorer icon should be at the top of it, just above your programs folders. You can start Internet Explorer from there, or right click on it, then select create a short cut to your desktop.

On the other hand if it is not installed on your system, then you can download it from here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/home
November 21, 2012 12:36:37 PM

I bet it's already on there, take a look:

If you have windows 7 installed, click the windows button to launch your start menu. From the start menu, there should be a search window.
If you're using the US version, type iexplore in the search window
!