Login process initialization failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzler_08

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.. Last week it refused to boot up. The message that I got is in a large rectangle. It says" Logon Process initialization Failure. Interactive Logon Process initialization has failed. Please consult the3 event log for more details. How can I see the event log if the computer will not boot up. I ran the repair function and the return to the last known good boot. Nothing worked.

Matan Eldan

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
Have you tried to boot in safe-mode?

Also take a look in this thread:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/519877-logon-process-initialization-failure/

They found a solution over there. You should give it a try.

APPOOS

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
I HAVE WINDOWS 7. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. IF YOU HAVE ENABLED USER ACCOUNT THIS MAY HAPPEN. PLEASE TRY REMOVING YOUR PASSWORD. AND TRY TO USE A PASSWORD FOR YOUR SYSTEM.
IF YOU ARE USING ASUS MOTHER BOARD DO LIKE THIS
1. WHEN IT IS DISPLAYED 'ASUS MOTHER BOARD.....' HIT DELETE
C-MOS SETTING will APPEAR (A BLUE SCREEN)
2. SELECT BOOT ON THE TOOLBAR USING ARROW KEYS
3. SELECT SECURITY USING ARROW KEYS
4. SELECT 'CHANGE SUPERVISOR PASSWORD' USING ARROW KEYS
5. PRESS ENTER.
6. ENTER YOUR PASSWORD ******
7. PRESS ENTER.
8. CONFIRM YOUR PASSWORD ******
9. PRESS ENTER.
10. PRESS F 10 ON KEY BOARD
11. PRESS Y+ENTER
YOUR COMPUTER AUTOMATICALLY RESTARTS
WHEN IT RESTARTS AND ASKS YOU FOR PASSWORD. ENTER YOUR PASSWORD IN THE BOX THAT APPEARS.
IF IT ASK YOU THE NEED FOR PASSWORD TYPE PRIVACY
CALCULATION: ONLY FOR ASUS

The bellow is for a BIOS password, not for a Windows logon issue, does not apply here.

There is a fix here http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/742756.htm about half-way down that involves copying the error log to a different system, checking what files caused the error, and copying the files back over to the original drive, but this involves having 2 computers with the same operating system available and the knowledge to find and copy and read the event log.

Do you have another user account you can try?

Will cost a bit in support hours if you take it to a tech, should be a couple of hundred bucks. If you want to go a cheaper way, get a new hard-drive, install a clean Windows setup on that, and copy your files, favorites, etc.. off the original drive. Your actual files should be fine.

balu_a4u

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.