TASK BAR ICONS DO NOT SHOW

September 4, 2005 3:38:05 AM

When i start windows the little task bar icons on the bottom right of the
screen next to the clock do not show. For example when i run aol instant
messenger the little icon at the bottom right does not show. How do i fix
this problem

More about : task bar icons show

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:53:02 AM

It seems that you have upgraded or installed any new software which has
caused the problem(if it is new problem to you). If so you have to uninstall
that program.

Sometimes Windows classic theme disables the taskbar icon when you use high
contrast scheme. You have to change the contrast scheme.

To work around you may lock the taskbar and restore it again.

--
Regards,
Pramit Roy

"Alex" wrote:

> When i start windows the little task bar icons on the bottom right of the
> screen next to the clock do not show. For example when i run aol instant
> messenger the little icon at the bottom right does not show. How do i fix
> this problem
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 10:22:02 AM

Open registry editor(Start>Run>type "regedit" )
Navigate to this key

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

See whther the DWORD value of "EnableAutoTray" is set to "0x00000000(0)"
If so, right-click on that key and select 'Modify'. Set the 'Value data:' to 1

Then close registry editor and reboot.

--
Regards,
Pramit Roy

"Pramit Roy" wrote:

> It seems that you have upgraded or installed any new software which has
> caused the problem(if it is new problem to you). If so you have to uninstall
> that program.
>
> Sometimes Windows classic theme disables the taskbar icon when you use high
> contrast scheme. You have to change the contrast scheme.
>
> To work around you may lock the taskbar and restore it again.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Pramit Roy
>

> "Alex" wrote:
>
> > When i start windows the little task bar icons on the bottom right of the
> > screen next to the clock do not show. For example when i run aol instant
> > messenger the little icon at the bottom right does not show. How do i fix
> > this problem
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 2:12:01 AM

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm
Notification Area - Icons Disappearing
This happens for most Auto-Logon users. To see what the three methods/workarounds
are visit the above site.

see also:-
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSystray.htm

Why don't my Notification Area icons show or why do they disappear?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321213
Icons in the Notification Area May Disappear If You Use High-Contrast Color Themes in
WinXP

!