Invisable storage?

ilikegirls

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
Hey guys,

So I a while back I got a 60GB SSD and I figured if all I want to install on it is Windows 7 and one game (BF3) I should have no problem doing so with that amount of space. for some reason I just tried to update BF3 and it told me I dont have enough space. I ask my brother who is running the same configuration ( same drive and space ) and he said that that for him the drive is enough to run two games ( bf3 and StarCraft II) yet for me its not enough to run one.

I had disabled Hibernation mode and I went and looked in the C drive (the SSD) and Windows take 20GB and Program Files takes 23GB. The SSD should have 55GB free but it only shows that i have 3GB free.

If anyone knows whats going on that would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance!

20GB+23GB=43GB. Assuming you actually get 55GB after formatting that leaves only 12GB free (theoretically). What you're not able to see is the restore points that are stored on the system drive and most folders in other user's profiles which could very well total an additional 9GB, leaving only 3GB free.

Hi :)

Also set the system restores to save on the NON SSD drive...

All the best Brett :)

Well, yeah, but in all the years system restore has been there I've never had reason to use it, so I simply turn it off and save the disk space. That also leaves one less place for malware to hide.

ilikegirls

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009

Well My uncle uses this computer a lot and he isnt really tech savy so I might wanna leave it on, on this computer. On my computer Im turning it off completely though, thanks.

ilikegirls

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009

So I tried this but it only saved me 300mb. where else can I look...