Trying to Find the Perfect Mouse...

MutatedGamer

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I have yet to find a mouse to replace my deathadder. The deathadder was the first mouse I ever owned, and I had it for several years. Then, it finally broke, and I had to replace it. I got a Logitech G500, but the whole shape and feel didn't find my gaming needs for Call of Duty. It fit it fine for TF2, just not anything BUT TF2. So, I needed to change.

A few days ago my new Razer Lachesis comes in the mail. First I fire up black ops, and it runs great. However, TF2, etc, anything BUT CoD, I suck at. Also, the whole feel of the Lachesis is wrong. Just wrong. I hate the feel of this mouse. If it's too late to get a refund on newegg, I don't know.

I need to find the right mouse for me. I know people are going to say to go to the store and test them all... but the problem is I want an idea of what I'm looking for. Are microsoft's gaming mice even worth looking at? I used the Microsoft Arc for gaming for a month, but I switched from that to the G500 because the whole wireless thing was getting on my nerves with the DC's. Do Razer really suck? Is it worth getting a Razer? Are the G9's that good? What about the R.A.T's? :|

I used to use an mx1000 for years (wireless) enough buttons for fps, rts & mmorpgs without any lag at all. The only thing that got on my nerves was remembering to recharge the darn thing.

Currently I use a razer mouse... the $70 model (whatever it is called) and that seems to work fine as a replacement.

Ultimately having a $10 mouse or a $100 mouse isnt going to change your skill at a game excessively. Just change your in-game or windows settings to accomodate it. Most newer laser and led mice allow you to adjust the DPI settings on either the mouse itself or via a program. I swap between them when switching from game type to game type.

ondaman

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2010

I use a razer mamba, it's awsome. All the technical stuff is as good as it gets (5600DPI, 1ms response) plus it's wireless. It's pretty much the same shape as a death adder according to the pics, so if you liked the DA then you'll like the Mamba even more. If you want to pay 100€ for it.