my computer crashes help me plz :/

my computer crashes ,screen turns off and the sound stop workin and u cant do
anything ,and the computer stays like that and it dont restart by it self,
this usally happens when i play games plz help me its very frustrating when i
crashes
thanks in advance///celal

Hi,

Is there a blue screen/stop error? If so, what does it say?

Is a dump (.dmp) file created? If so, we can analyze it. Send it via email
to me at rick@mvps.org using the subject line "per req" with a brief
explanation as to what's going on.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"celal" <celal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my computer crashes ,screen turns off and the sound stop workin and u cant
> do
> anything ,and the computer stays like that and it dont restart by it self,
> this usally happens when i play games plz help me its very frustrating
> when i
> crashes
> thanks in advance///celal

Hi,

I had the same problems you are having and this is what fixed it for me:

1. Move your sound card to the farthest slot, away from the graphics card.

2. Enter the BIOS and make sure that your onboard sound is set to
"disabled", not "auto".

I believe the above helped the most. In addition, I did the following:

3. Blow out any dust with compressed air, clean all fans and heat sinks.

4. Remove all cards and memory chips, clean the contacts with a pencil
eraser, clean contacts with alcohol to remove eraser dust.

5. Blow out all slots, and replace cards and memory.

I can not guarantee this will help you, but I hope it does.

EAG1945

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a blue screen/stop error? If so, what does it say?
>
> Is a dump (.dmp) file created? If so, we can analyze it. Send it via email
> to me at rick@mvps.org using the subject line "per req" with a brief
> explanation as to what's going on.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "celal" <celal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my computer crashes ,screen turns off and the sound stop workin and u cant
> > do
> > anything ,and the computer stays like that and it dont restart by it self,
> > this usally happens when i play games plz help me its very frustrating
> > when i
> > crashes
> > thanks in advance///celal
>

> i searched for dumpfiles and i found a lot of them most of them were located in wndows/minidump

Hi

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any 'Errors'. If any are found, could
you please post the Event ID and Source? With those a solution to your
problem may be possible.

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

In article <551945B7-0124-4D30-944E-6A4EFAA9A0FE@microsoft.com>,
celal@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> my computer crashes ,screen turns off and the sound stop workin and u cant do
> anything ,and the computer stays like that and it dont restart by it self,
> this usally happens when i play games plz help me its very frustrating when i
> crashes
> thanks in advance///celal

If it's mainly when you play games you could have heat related issues:

If you have access to an Air Compressor with CLEAN/DRY air, use the air
set to about 40PSI to blow out the power supply fans/opening (with the
case open).

Now, once you get the power supply dust free, lower the pressure to
about 30PSI and clean out the rest of the case, making sure to get all
fans, heat sinks, and all the slots/areas at the front of the case.

You can also see if there is an unused FAN space on the back/side of the
case (some have a unused space in the front too) and install another fan
in the case to help with cooling.

When I play Far Cry, the internal CASE temp (and I have a full tower
with 4 fans) increases from 96 Deg F to 108 Deg F, and all of that is
due to CPU and Video card loading.

If your computer sits on the floor, or within 24" of the floor, then you
may have enough foot traffic to cause dust issues to increase - which
means you may need to clean the case every 6 months or so. If you can
keep the computer on TOP of a desk, and you clean the area well/often,
you can go years without having to blow dust out of the case.

Clean out the dust and let us know if you still have problems.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Send the most recent one.