Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What's up with that screen corner?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 17, 2010 4:35:08 PM

Is it some freaky backlight bleeding or is it perhaps some sort of a defect on the surface of the screen? That line is only visible against bright, evenly coloured background, I only noticed it after a couple of months after purchasing this x233h screen. Should I RMA?

More about : screen corner

November 17, 2010 5:48:15 PM

As a matter of interest, try changing resolution and see if the effect changes position or goes away. If it doesn't change it might suggest an illumination issue or screen defect as you say.

If the monitor cable lacks those lumps that contain ferrite chokes try making a simple knot in the cable and see if that affects it (used to work with blurring on CRTs).

It's a weird one but seems not to be visible most of the time -- unless it bothers you or gets worse I'd be inclined to put up with it.
November 17, 2010 6:06:10 PM

It's a defect alright, even without any kind of a video signal it's still there. I guess I'll RMA it and considering near future, avoid Acer and their cheapo monitors.
Related resources