no access to ntfs partition

Hi,
I've had 3 hard disks: 1st disk - 1 partition with system, 2 other
disks divided into partitions with data. Unfortunately, my system disk
went down, I've connected 2nd disk (3 partitions on it) to other pc,
make some room for system and reinstall win xp. Everything is fine
except one thing. I cannot get access to partition on the 3rd disk (it
has 2 partition, first one is allright, second not :/). I can see it in
Disk Management and Explorer but "access is denied". Is it possible to
get access to that partition? All partitions were and are NTFS.

Przemek

Hi,

Please see this link on "taking ownership" of a folder or drive:
http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Taking_ownership

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Przemek" <przwrz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I've had 3 hard disks: 1st disk - 1 partition with system, 2 other
> disks divided into partitions with data. Unfortunately, my system disk
> went down, I've connected 2nd disk (3 partitions on it) to other pc,
> make some room for system and reinstall win xp. Everything is fine
> except one thing. I cannot get access to partition on the 3rd disk (it
> has 2 partition, first one is allright, second not :/). I can see it in
> Disk Management and Explorer but "access is denied". Is it possible to
> get access to that partition? All partitions were and are NTFS.
>
> Przemek

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Przemek wrote:

> Hi,
> I've had 3 hard disks: 1st disk - 1 partition with system, 2 other
> disks divided into partitions with data. Unfortunately, my system disk
> went down, I've connected 2nd disk (3 partitions on it) to other pc,
> make some room for system and reinstall win xp. Everything is fine
> except one thing. I cannot get access to partition on the 3rd disk (it
> has 2 partition, first one is allright, second not :/). I can see it in
> Disk Management and Explorer but "access is denied". Is it possible to
> get access to that partition? All partitions were and are NTFS.
>
> Przemek

In Help and Support type ownership, or see this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308421

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User