jinkazuya

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Well...I am just wondering if the samsung LCD monitor SAMSUNG BX2431 has the glossy screen? I am looking for glossy screen as it does not really do harm to my eyes that much...I am now using the matte screen and after a couple hours, my eyes really hurt.

Hope you guys could help.

chouwalker

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
I don't know if this monitor has matte or glossy screen. However, the "glossy" mentioned in the newegg link provided above refers to the "glossy black" monitor bezel and stand, not the screen.

jinkazuya

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
It does not have glossy screen. Before I bought it, I asked the newegg staff to see if this monitor indeed had the glossy screen. And that staff helped me to contact the damn darn Samsung. The sellers of the damn Samsung said this monitor has glossy screen. So I bought it. Then as soon as opened it up, the monitor is of matte screen.

AsterickAnjuu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

I more or less had the same thing going on. I was pleasantly surprised though. I set it up next to my old monitor (which was a high end glossy NEC 4:3 from about 5 years ago) and it started looking better within seconds (once I turned the brightness down). I thought for sure going into this I was just a guy that just flat out prefers glossy, but now I'm left wondering...again.