Presario 7000US problem

Just got a used Presario 7000US that will not boot up.
Most of the time when I press the power switch, nothing happens.
Sometimes, I hear the fans -- both power supply and CPU -- start for a
few seconds, then stop again.

I tested the power supply with another motherboard and it worked fine.
I also replaced the power switch with a known working one, but it
didn't
help either.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

CMOS reset and/or replace battery.

Disconnect all devices--HDD, CDROM, modem, FDD. If it boots appropriately, add
them back to discover what might becausing the problem...

Dale