Windows XP does not show any users after reboot. Cannot lo..

Suddenly after one restart, Windows XP Professional SP2 (with latest service
packs) stopped showing any user names. It used to show user names in the fast
user switching screen mode (not in domain).

Now, the problem is that it does not show any user name and hence cannot log
in to repair anything.

If I use the Windows recovery console, it asks for Administrator password.
It does not accept password of any other user (who also is in administrator
group) but requires administrator password itself.

What could be the problem ?

How do I log in the system with this ?

Any help will be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows show users reboot

    If when you aet the system up you did not enter a password for the
    administrator account then it would be blank
    so try No password

    "J B J" <JBJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Suddenly after one restart, Windows XP Professional SP2 (with latest
    > service
    > packs) stopped showing any user names. It used to show user names in the
    > fast
    > user switching screen mode (not in domain).
    >
    > Now, the problem is that it does not show any user name and hence cannot
    > log
    > in to repair anything.
    >
    > If I use the Windows recovery console, it asks for Administrator password.
    > It does not accept password of any other user (who also is in
    > administrator
    > group) but requires administrator password itself.
    >
    > What could be the problem ?
    >
    > How do I log in the system with this ?
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated.

    When you are at the "fast switch" screen, you can still press CTL-ALT-DEL to
    get a logon screen.

    Leslie
    "J B J" <JBJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Suddenly after one restart, Windows XP Professional SP2 (with latest
    > service
    > packs) stopped showing any user names. It used to show user names in the
    > fast
    > user switching screen mode (not in domain).
    >
    > Now, the problem is that it does not show any user name and hence cannot
    > log
    > in to repair anything.
    >
    > If I use the Windows recovery console, it asks for Administrator password.
    > It does not accept password of any other user (who also is in
    > administrator
    > group) but requires administrator password itself.
    >
    > What could be the problem ?
    >
    > How do I log in the system with this ?
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated.

Windows Recovery Microsoft Windows XP