Mouse stops responding even on my desktop.If i look on my device manager
under keyboard and pointing devices the keyboard is there but the pointing
device is missing.If i restart sometimes my mouse will still not work.I have
XP2 installed and i have up graded my Nvidia software driver and intellimouse
driver.This started happening sometimes after a game CD had been removed.
--
AH

See if the link to MS KB,

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&query=intellimouse

(in case you'll see it wrapped: that is one long line) will help you to find
the similar symptoms, and the solution.

The latest driver for IntelliMouse, ver.5.2, you can find at:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/default.mspx

(select in the left pane: Resources->Downloads -- Mouse and Keyboard).

--
Mikhail Zhilin
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)