cheers Rexmann

From: "rexmann" <rexmann@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Hi all
|
| I have an old laptop with xp home installed - I'm gonna give it to a friend
| (if they want it) but it is really old (prob shouldn't have XP).
|
| Is there a free anti virus and firewall that doesn't take up much space? no
| probs if not
|
| any help appreciate
|
| cheers Rexmann

Anti Virus
----------------
AVAST -

AntiVir -
http://www.free-av.com/ - FREE

AVG -
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 - FREE

CA eTrust -
http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - FREE for one year.
{ Free offer extended indefinitely }

FireWall
---------------
ZoneAlerm - http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp - Free

Sygate - http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm - Free (until Symantec changes ths)

Kerio - http://www.kerio.com/kpf_download.html - Free

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

In article <4815B440-4BD0-4F18-A0D8-582308CBC59B@microsoft.com>,
rexmann@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Hi all
>
> I have an old laptop with xp home installed - I'm gonna give it to a friend
> (if they want it) but it is really old (prob shouldn't have XP).
>
> Is there a free anti virus and firewall that doesn't take up much space? no
> probs if not
>
> any help appreciate

Sorry for the blanket paste - check the AVG site shown in the links
below.

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
place to download their application.

Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
at them.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

AdAwareSE can be found here:

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
from here:
http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
admitted to in this group.

If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

Only download files from Trusted Sites.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me