P4 2.8C best maotherboard

bogienights

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2002
whats the best motherboard for P4 2.8C? which has an affordable price but has a quality like the expensive one. thank you for your help pipz. more power.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Best buy is the Abit IS7, because it includes 1394 Firewire, and Intel's SATA solution, for around $100, using the i865 chipset.

If you're interested, it also has a very nice set of audio connectors, far more extensive than those included by Asus for example.

Abit also has the easiest RMA policy, should something go wrong.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

bogienights

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2002
thnx for d help guys. but how about the other peripherals like videocard, harddisk, and memory dats also affordable but has d performance. i just want to build a pc dats affordable but can kick some ass. i just want to edit some movie and also play command and conquer generals. thnx for d help guys. keep up the good work. thnx a million times.

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
Video best buy is probally either a TI-4200 or a Radeon 9600 Pro.
Harddisk wise on the cheap get an 80gb or 120gb wd 8mb cache... cheap and perform extremely well.
Memory wise... spend a bit more money, it's well worth it so you dont have stability problems... 1g: $213 for Kingston HyperX 512mb: $104
1g: 230 for Corsair TwinX 512mb: $120

I'm real funny bout ram and power supplies, namely because I've seen more stability issues generated from cheap versions of those two components than every other component in the system combined.

Shadus