Inspiron 5150: which wireless PCMCIA card do you recommend?

Hi,

I am currently using a Sitecom wireless network card with my Inspiron 5150.
To make a long story short: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes I have access to the internet, sometimes I don't.
The laptop is almost brand new, WinXP installed and no settings changed.
I didn't go for the Dell TrueMobile solution when I got the machine, because
at that point, I was not planning to go wireless. Wish I had...

I'm running a 802.11b network using a Draytek Vigor 2600We router. I have
two desktops, also on Sitecom wireless cards, and these both work fine. So
it's not the router. Settings on all machine are the same, so I suspect it's
the quality of the wireless card. Therefore, I want to try a different
brand. What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Dennis
1 answer Last reply
More about inspiron 5150 wireless pcmcia card recommend

    "Dennis Demont" <drdemspm@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am currently using a Sitecom wireless network card with my Inspiron
    5150.
    > To make a long story short: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    > Sometimes I have access to the internet, sometimes I don't.
    > The laptop is almost brand new, WinXP installed and no settings changed.
    > I didn't go for the Dell TrueMobile solution when I got the machine,
    because
    > at that point, I was not planning to go wireless. Wish I had...
    >
    > I'm running a 802.11b network using a Draytek Vigor 2600We router. I have
    > two desktops, also on Sitecom wireless cards, and these both work fine. So
    > it's not the router. Settings on all machine are the same, so I suspect
    it's
    > the quality of the wireless card. Therefore, I want to try a different
    > brand. What do you recommend?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dennis

    I use a D-Link 650+ on my 5100. Works great.

    RGT

Dell Wireless Inspiron Computers