WTB: HP9144 Tape Drive

After 5 years under the same configuration I need to sysdump and coldload my
HP3000 Micro XE running MPE V. However, the rubber wheel on the capstan
that drives the tape catridge had completely deteriorated into a wad of
black tar, some of which ended up inside the cartridge.

Therefore, I need either a different 9144 tape drive

or

A new rubber drive wheel that I can bond to the capstan.

Please email me with any quotes and/or availability.

Phil

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:44:42 -0600, Phil Hutchinson wrote:

>After 5 years under the same configuration I need to sysdump and coldload my
>HP3000 Micro XE running MPE V. However, the rubber wheel on the capstan
>that drives the tape catridge had completely deteriorated into a wad of
>black tar, some of which ended up inside the cartridge.
>
>Therefore, I need either a different 9144 tape drive
>
>or
>
>A new rubber drive wheel that I can bond to the capstan.
>
>Please email me with any quotes and/or availability.
>
>Phil

I believe there is one on EBay right now.

Where are you located? There may be a supplier in your area.

Aidan Grey

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Phil, I have exactly the same problem with my HP9144 tape drive.

Could you (or anyone else) let me know where or if you can get the
part.

Many Thanks
Tony Dod
Perth