Desktop Frezees When Loading Large Media Files

[Fresh Install]

Hello,

Since My PC is a dell, i can not request direct support from microsoft and
dell is not experinced enough to handle my issue, as many know dell phone
techs aren't really techs..

Anyways, heres my problem..

I'm on a week old freshly reinstalled system by hand and for some reason
since all latest windows updates for XP Home SP2 have been installed, i've
been having severe problems directly open any large media file.. Mainly
videos..

Everytime i attempt to directly access/open a large media file over 300mb's
the desktop frezees, and then a minute later a "Windows Error Report" pops
up that Dr. Watson crashed, and asks to send/dont send in a crash report..
Below is the technical data on that crash report.

The media files are not infected and work perfectly if not accessed
directly.

Does anyone know whats causing this and/or how to solve this..

EventType : BEX P1 : drwtsn32.exe P2 : 5.1.2600.0 P3 : 3b7d84a2

P4 : dbghelp.dll P5 : 5.1.2600.2180 P6 : 4110969a P7 : 0001295d

C:\DOCUME~1\Ryan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4ff2.dir00\drwtsn32.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Ryan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4ff2.dir00\appcompat.txt

P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000

Have you tried to open the media file with a different player?

Re-installing the media player you are using might be another solution.

It frezees as i said, when ever i attempt to access
the file by selecting the file and when opening it directly..

It working perfectly opening it in any player just not
directly..

Everytime i access/open it directly Explorer frezees with
Dr Watson frozen in the background and then several seconds
later pops up Dr Watson has crashed report/not report it..
Also as soon as the error reporting window is closed
explorer crashes desktop disapears and then comes back in a second..
> Have you tried to open the media file with a different player?
>
> Re-installing the media player you are using might be another solution.

TRENDING THREADS