Sign in with
Your question

KVM

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 21, 2010 5:50:31 PM

I have a Kinamax 2-port KVM switch that I bought for use with a PC and laptop. When the PC is in use (feeding through the KVM), the colors on the monitor are fine. But when I use the laptop (feeding through the KVM), the colors on the monitor are screwed up --- like the red or blue color band is missing. When I connect the monitor directly to the laptop, the colors are fine. I tried swapping the cables from KVM to PC and from KVM to laptop, but it doesn't make any difference. I even tried using a different laptop, but the color issue remains. Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

More about : kvm

a c 219 D Laptop
a c 104 C Monitor
November 29, 2010 5:49:03 PM

Sounds like the channel on the KVM is bad, have you actually swapped channel positions or just the cables? Check for bent pins?
m
l
November 29, 2010 11:52:44 PM

Yes, I've swapped channels. The PC works with the monitor on either channel, but the laptop video isn't right with either of them. There don't appear to be any bent pins.
m
l
a c 219 D Laptop
a c 104 C Monitor
November 30, 2010 12:56:45 PM

Try lowering the resolution on the laptop, keep it at 32bit color. If that does not work, lower to 16 bit color. Maybe the laptop is sending out a higher res image that the KVM or the cables are having issues with.
m
l
!