A w2k and XP taskbar question

My w2k desktop arainges the quickstart icons in a single horizontal
row at the botton of the screen. Running programs are in a line above
them. I like the layout. I have about 20 tiny icons.

On my XP laptop these ICONS (8, so far) are in a 2x4 icon box on the left.

Is there any way to get them to line up in a row like my w2k system?

Thanks

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
2 answers Last reply
More about taskbar question

    On 4 Sep 2005 14:10:17 -0400, Al Dykes wrote:

    > My w2k desktop arainges the quickstart icons in a single horizontal
    > row at the botton of the screen. Running programs are in a line above
    > them. I like the layout. I have about 20 tiny icons.
    >
    > On my XP laptop these ICONS (8, so far) are in a 2x4 icon box on the left.
    >
    > Is there any way to get them to line up in a row like my w2k system?
    >

    > Thanks

    Yes. You need to grab the boundary for the toolbar (with taskbar unlocked).
    May need to experiment a few times with moving the boundary to get
    everything to go from two rows but one. I normally keep mine as the first
    row in the taskbar but was able to get it to move to the second row
    position by grabbing the boundary on the upper left and pulling it down to
    the second line while moving cursor slightly to the right. (I changed the
    toolbar layout to the two line box before trying).

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    In article <uFHYi5YsFHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
    Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote:
    >On 4 Sep 2005 14:10:17 -0400, Al Dykes wrote:
    >
    >> My w2k desktop arainges the quickstart icons in a single horizontal
    >> row at the botton of the screen. Running programs are in a line above
    >> them. I like the layout. I have about 20 tiny icons.
    >>
    >> On my XP laptop these ICONS (8, so far) are in a 2x4 icon box on the left.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to get them to line up in a row like my w2k system?
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >
    >Yes. You need to grab the boundary for the toolbar (with taskbar unlocked).
    >May need to experiment a few times with moving the boundary to get
    >everything to go from two rows but one. I normally keep mine as the first
    >row in the taskbar but was able to get it to move to the second row
    >position by grabbing the boundary on the upper left and pulling it down to
    >the second line while moving cursor slightly to the right. (I changed the
    >toolbar layout to the two line box before trying).
    >
    >--
    >Sharon F
    >MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    tnx