Games appear to have failed after Security Updates

Hi. My online games (Hearts, Reversi, Backgammon) failed
to work on Wed 14th April - the same day which I
downloaded Security Updates (KB835732), (KB828741),
(KB837001), (KB831167) & (KB837009) onto my XP Pro system
as advised by 'Windows Update'. Now the games just sit
at 'Connecting to Internet game server' or
report 'Looking for x players'. They never go any
further. I unloaded the Security Updates in turn and re-
booted & tried the games again before moving to the next
one - all to no avail. Any ideas?

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

I think everybody is having the same problem. Maybe there is a problem with
Microsoft's game servers.

"pdab09" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. My online games (Hearts, Reversi, Backgammon) failed
> to work on Wed 14th April - the same day which I
> downloaded Security Updates (KB835732), (KB828741),
> (KB837001), (KB831167) & (KB837009) onto my XP Pro system
> as advised by 'Windows Update'. Now the games just sit
> at 'Connecting to Internet game server' or
> report 'Looking for x players'. They never go any
> further. I unloaded the Security Updates in turn and re-
> booted & tried the games again before moving to the next
> one - all to no avail. Any ideas?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Everybody is having the same problem, and at least some
people reported having the problem without installing the
patches. So this might be coincidental.