Vista Beta 1 Activation

September 4, 2005 3:25:16 PM

Has anyone managed to activate Vista Beta 1 with any crack? I tried
about 3 different cracks in safe mode (since the 30 days period was
expired), and none of them worked. Has anyone succeeded in cracking
Vista's WPA thing?

More about : vista beta activation

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 5:41:05 PM

CFran wrote:
> Has anyone managed to activate Vista Beta 1 with any crack? I tried
> about 3 different cracks in safe mode (since the 30 days period was
> expired), and none of them worked. Has anyone succeeded in cracking
> Vista's WPA thing?

Look.. a wall..
I'll bang my head against it.

Look.. a wall..
I'll bang my head against it.

Look.. a wall..
I'll bang my head against it.

Look.. a wall..
I'll bang my head against it.

Look.. a wall..
I'll bang my head against it.

Look.. a wall..
I'll bang my head against it.

If this sounds like your normal thought process, please post your response
elsewhere.
Enough feeding for you today.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

1. I may use Pirated software from time to time, but at no time do I support
it or even help anyone with it.

2. This is a Microsoft Windows XP newsgroup, i think
your looking in the wrong place..

3. Next time you want to do something illegal, maybe do
it someplace where all your info isnt in the hands of MS..

Oh And Yes.. GET A LIFE...
September 4, 2005 6:36:17 PM

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 14:36:16 -0400, "RD Shurr" <RShurr@GMail.Com>
wrote:

>3. Next time you want to do something illegal, maybe do
>it someplace where all your info isnt in the hands of MS..

It has never been determined whether or not it is illegal to use a
crack in a court of law.

I only support cracks if and only if the following conditions apply.
Your computer system or operating system is legally bought
and Microsoft won't let your activate your system or download updates.

Greg Ro
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 7:08:39 PM

1. I may use Pirated software from time to time, but at no time do I support
it or even help anyone with it.

2. This is a Microsoft Windows XP newsgroup, i think
your looking in the wrong place..
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 11:55:17 PM

RD Shurr wrote:
> 1. I may use Pirated software from time to time, but at no time do I support
> it or even help anyone with it.
>
> 2. This is a Microsoft Windows XP newsgroup, i think
> your looking in the wrong place..
>
> 3. Next time you want to do something illegal, maybe do
> it someplace where all your info isnt in the hands of MS..
>
> Oh And Yes.. GET A LIFE...

get a life?? why u saying that?
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 11:56:49 PM

RD Shurr wrote:
> 1. I may use Pirated software from time to time, but at no time do I support
> it or even help anyone with it.
>
> 2. This is a Microsoft Windows XP newsgroup, i think
> your looking in the wrong place..

Thanks, I think I already heard that once before
September 5, 2005 3:39:12 AM

On 4 Sep 2005 11:25:16 -0700, "CFran" <Michel0528@yahoo.fr> wrote:

>Has anyone managed to activate Vista Beta 1 with any crack? I tried
>about 3 different cracks in safe mode (since the 30 days period was
>expired), and none of them worked. Has anyone succeeded in cracking
>Vista's WPA thing?

yeah I got Vista Beta 1 with a good serial.

I went to several local computer shop and said very politely "do you
have a copy of Vista Beta I can have a play with?"

Eventually one said "sure - no problem come back tomorrow".

Next day I had Vista Beta.

WTF do you need a crack for just go and ask somebody in the industry
for a copy, its not top secret or anything its being distributed to
people for evaluation and development, also its a beta version so put
it on something other than your main machine assuming you are bright
enough to "socially engineer" yourself a copy in the first place.

I bet if you e mailed the right person at MS and asked for a copy with
a good story they would send you one themselves.

Besides which I think you should stick to XP Home until you are
advanced enough to know where and what to post on usenet.

Jonah
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 4:42:07 AM

CFran wrote:

> Has anyone managed to activate Vista Beta 1 with any crack? I tried
> about 3 different cracks in safe mode (since the 30 days period was
> expired), and none of them worked. Has anyone succeeded in cracking
> Vista's WPA thing?

Well, not me, but my son found a crack using one of those file sharing
services like kazaa. You just have to make sure that your anti-virus and
firewall is turned off and IE is set to mimimum security to download and
install the file once you find it.

Good luck.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 3:21:06 PM

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:39:12 +0100, Jonah <jonah@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On 4 Sep 2005 11:25:16 -0700, "CFran" <Michel0528@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone managed to activate Vista Beta 1 with any crack? I tried
>>about 3 different cracks in safe mode (since the 30 days period was
>>expired), and none of them worked. Has anyone succeeded in cracking
>>Vista's WPA thing?
>
>yeah I got Vista Beta 1 with a good serial.
>
>I went to several local computer shop and said very politely "do you
>have a copy of Vista Beta I can have a play with?"

Any such copies distributed illegally are themselves ILLEGAL.
Microsoft's Beta agreement requires a NON-DISCLOSURE agreement between
Microsoft and the one receiving an official Vista Beta. This
agreement does NOT allow them to distribute copies of Vista, nor does
it allow the man-on-the-street to have them in their possession. You
dont even have to have it installed on your machine. All that is
necessary is to have the Vista installation package saved on a hard
drive or DVD (even a harddrive not installed in any machine.)

If Microsoft wanted to, they could easily track your IP down and SUE
your pants off, or even have you charged with THEFT of unlicensed
software or worse, such as industrial espionage.

Asking about cracks of their software on a MICROSOFT-owned server is
tantamount to admitting your guilt. Coming right out and PROCLAIMING
that you have an unofficial copy of Vista is an EXPRESS ADMISSION of
guilt, and may be used in court as proof of your guilt.

Of course, the one who supplied you with the unofficial copy of Vista
is JUST AS GUILTY as you are.

Until Microsoft releases a build of Vista which is intended for the
general public (such as RC1 and RC2 of XP were), ANY copy you have of
it is totally illegal, and CANNOT be licensed.

>Eventually one said "sure - no problem come back tomorrow".

See above, where I tell you that he is just as guilty as you.

>Next day I had Vista Beta.

This makes him COMPLETELY GUILTY of theft or industrial espionage.

>WTF do you need a crack for just go and ask somebody in the industry
>for a copy, its not top secret or anything its being distributed to
>people for evaluation and development, also its a beta version so put
>it on something other than your main machine assuming you are bright
>enough to "socially engineer" yourself a copy in the first place.
>
>I bet if you e mailed the right person at MS and asked for a copy with
>a good story they would send you one themselves.

Any software obtained under false pretenses is just as unofficial as
one obtained from a local technician., and adds another CHARGE to the
list of criminal offenses one may commit with such an aquisition --
the charge of DEFRAUDING Microsoft. Theft, industrial espionage,
fraud...WHEN will you ever get out of jail?

Man, you're looking at HARD TIME in the Federal Prison system, not a
weekend in the local lockup with a few smelly street people and drunks
sleeping it off in the 'Tank.

>Besides which I think you should stick to XP Home until you are
>advanced enough to know where and what to post on usenet.

Good advice...Even better, stick to MSDOS 3.1, and stay off the
Internet.

I hope that I DO scare anyone who reads this post. Fear is the
beginning of Wisdom. It is always a wise course of action to obey
Caesar, unless he is trying to turn you away from God.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
from my email address before sending.
September 5, 2005 5:36:41 PM

"" wrote:
> 1. I may use Pirated software from time to time, but at no
> time do I support
> it or even help anyone with it.
>
> 2. This is a Microsoft Windows XP newsgroup, i think
> your looking in the wrong place..

Actualy, craking software is illegal in America, (some thing to do
with subverting and transversing software copy protection) but it is
legal in England and several other contries. (although a bit off topic
I intend to say it any way) You may also be supprised to hear that in
some conties encyption is illegal, if you are caught using encyption
you can be arrested.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Vista-B...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1392290
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 7:38:10 PM

On 5 Sep 2005 13:36:41 -0400, Sparda
<UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:

>Actualy, craking software is illegal in America, (some thing to do
>with subverting and transversing software copy protection) but it is
>legal in England and several other contries. (although a bit off topic
>I intend to say it any way) You may also be supprised to hear that in
>some conties encyption is illegal, if you are caught using encyption
>you can be arrested.

Note in America cracking has not be determined if it is illegal. Just
against the eula.

Greg Ro
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 7:39:55 PM

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:21:06 -0700, Donald L McDaniel
<invalid@invalid.com> wrote:

>Any such copies distributed illegally are themselves ILLEGAL.
correction against the eula not illegal.

Greg Ro
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 8:13:11 PM

On Sunday 04 September 2005 11:25 am, CFran had this to say in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> Has anyone managed to activate Vista Beta 1 with any crack? I tried
> about 3 different cracks in safe mode (since the 30 days period was
> expired), and none of them worked. Has anyone succeeded in cracking
> Vista's WPA thing?

Only a Wintard would be concerned about cracking a BETA release of this toy
operating system. Geez, get a life! Just wait until Curtains (today called
Vista) is released. Then you can spend money upgrading your hardware to run
this "o/s".

--
I've eXPerienced it. Now I've moved on to a REAL operating system.
No more viruses, malware, spyware and instabilities.

On Monday 05 September 2005 11:21 am, Donald L McDaniel had this to say in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> I hope that I DO scare anyone who reads this post. Fear is the
> beginning of Wisdom. It is always a wise course of action to obey
> Caesar, unless he is trying to turn you away from God.

Oh puleeze - how quaint, how Christian, how much bullshit.

--
I've eXPerienced it. Now I've moved on to a REAL operating system.
No more viruses, malware, spyware and instabilities.
The time for Linux on the desktop has arrived. Try it out.
September 6, 2005 5:31:39 AM

Jeeze calm down eh Donald.

Its a wind up, I was wondering if anybody daft enough to post here
looking for a crack for Vista FFS! would try e mailing M$ for a copy
or wander roung dealers trying to get a official copy of Vista Beta,
or was it just a good troll.

As it happens I have seen several copies of Vista about in the last
few months at web designers and the like, I assume legit copies cos
they are the type of people who would be beta testing officially
however they also have a vested interest in being ahead of the game so
who knows where they got copies from, (usenet possibly?)

I work in the industry as a freelance engineer, and I have had a good
poke around in Vista at various places. Its not hard to find a copy if
you want one is it despite the SHOUTING about US law. I would also
like to point out that the entire world is not under the jurisdiction
of the USA or the EU.

Besides which one good Troll deserves another don't it?

8-)

Jonah

<invalid@invalid.com> wrote:

> [...]
>the charge of DEFRAUDING Microsoft. Theft, industrial espionage,
>fraud...WHEN will you ever get out of jail?
>
>Man, you're looking at HARD TIME in the Federal Prison system, not a
>weekend in the local lockup with a few smelly street people and drunks
>sleeping it off in the 'Tank.
>

>>Besides which I think you should stick to XP Home until you are
>>advanced enough to know where and what to post on usenet.
>
>Good advice...Even better, stick to MSDOS 3.1, and stay off the
>Internet.
>
>I hope that I DO scare anyone who reads this post. Fear is the
>beginning of Wisdom. It is always a wise course of action to obey
>Caesar, unless he is trying to turn you away from God.
>
>Donald L McDaniel
>Please reply to the original thread.
>If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
September 6, 2005 5:47:18 AM

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:21:06 -0700, Donald L McDaniel
<invalid@invalid.com> wrote:

Jeeze Calm Down Donald eh

Its a wind up, I was suspecting a very clever troll surely nobody is
dumb enough to ask for a Vista Beta crack on a M$ NG. I reckon anybody
that dumb will actually e mail M$ asking for a copy or pound the
streets trying to get one out of a dealer which would be quite funny
so either way it don't matter.

I have seen Vista about at various software developers and web
designers, legit or no I have no idea but these people are likely to
be official beta testers and I have had a good poke around at various
places.

Besides which its not all that hard to come by if you want it is it?

Personally I have enough trouble keeping my clients from destroying XP
without f**king about with beta versions of software they absolutley
are not going to upgrade to until hell freezes over, I have just got
the last 98 SEs replaced FFS. I will get an copy as soon as I can have
a legit one and still have 10 years to figure it out before anybody I
deal with even mentions upgrading.

> [...]

>the charge of DEFRAUDING Microsoft. Theft, industrial espionage,
>fraud...WHEN will you ever get out of jail?
>
>Man, you're looking at HARD TIME in the Federal Prison system, not a
>weekend in the local lockup with a few smelly street people and drunks
>sleeping it off in the 'Tank.
>

>>Besides which I think you should stick to XP Home until you are
>>advanced enough to know where and what to post on usenet.
>
>Good advice...Even better, stick to MSDOS 3.1, and stay off the
>Internet.
>
>I hope that I DO scare anyone who reads this post. Fear is the
>beginning of Wisdom. It is always a wise course of action to obey
>Caesar, unless he is trying to turn you away from God.
>
>Donald L McDaniel
>Please reply to the original thread.
>If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
September 6, 2005 11:52:43 AM

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:39:55 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm12@yes.lycs.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:21:06 -0700, Donald L McDaniel
><invalid@invalid.com> wrote:
>

>>Any such copies distributed illegally are themselves ILLEGAL.
>correction against the eula not illegal.
>
>Greg Ro

Sorry, Greg, but the DCMA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) makes
possessing or distributing pirated software a crime in the US. Don't
know about the EU or Southeast Asia. They have their own laws against
software piracy.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
from my email address before sending.
September 6, 2005 3:40:23 PM

Donald L McDaniel wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:39:55 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm12@yes.lycs.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:21:06 -0700, Donald L McDaniel
>> <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Any such copies distributed illegally are themselves ILLEGAL.
>> correction against the eula not illegal.
>>
>> Greg Ro
>
> Sorry, Greg, but the DCMA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) makes
> possessing or distributing pirated software a crime in the US. Don't
> know about the EU or Southeast Asia. They have their own laws against
> software piracy.

LOL! Maybe you shoeld actually ready the Act. It specifically says
that nothing in it can affect "fair use," so if you have a crack to
enable your "fair use" of a product, then the DMCA is not applicable.

--
Peace!
Kurt

"Donald L McDaniel" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
news:o 5brh1l6q3ht6qapqml55p2q86k72jt9pb@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:39:55 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm12@yes.lycs.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:21:06 -0700, Donald L McDaniel
>><invalid@invalid.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Any such copies distributed illegally are themselves ILLEGAL.
>>correction against the eula not illegal.
>>
>>Greg Ro
>
> Sorry, Greg, but the DCMA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) makes
> possessing or distributing pirated software a crime in the US. Don't
> know about the EU or Southeast Asia. They have their own laws against
> software piracy.
>
> Donald L McDaniel

Wrong. Possessing is a civil offence, not a criminal offence. No one was
talking about distributing or selling.

Alias
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 6:48:15 AM

Plato wrote:
> CFran wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone managed to activate Vista Beta 1 with any crack? I tried
> > about 3 different cracks in safe mode (since the 30 days period was
> > expired), and none of them worked. Has anyone succeeded in cracking
> > Vista's WPA thing?
>
> Well, not me, but my son found a crack using one of those file sharing
> services like kazaa. You just have to make sure that your anti-virus and
> firewall is turned off and IE is set to mimimum security to download and
> install the file once you find it.
>
> Good luck.

yeah, but they dont work
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 11:45:30 AM

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:40:23 -0400, "kurttrail"
<dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

>Donald L McDaniel wrote:
>> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:39:55 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm12@yes.lycs.com>
>> wrote:

>>> correction against the eula not illegal.
>>>
>>> Greg Ro
>>
>> Sorry, Greg, but the DCMA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) makes
>> possessing or distributing pirated software a crime in the US. Don't
>> know about the EU or Southeast Asia. They have their own laws against
>> software piracy.
>
>LOL! Maybe you shoeld actually ready the Act. It specifically says
>that nothing in it can affect "fair use," so if you have a crack to
>enable your "fair use" of a product, then the DMCA is not applicable.

HOW can you have so-called "fair use rights" to a product you stole?
Thieves have NO RIGHTS concerning their stolen goods. They only have
the "right to remain silent" when arrested for their crimes.

I will say it again, "ALL downloaded copies of the Vista Beta (except
the copies one can download as an official Microsoft Beta tester, as a
member of MSDN, or as an employee of Microsoft in its OS labs) are
TOTALLY illegal, since they are ALL stolen goods (taken without
Microsoft's permission = STOLEN).

kurt, you REALLY need to get things into perspective a little. You
have been blowing and going for years about your "rights", and have
completely and totally ignored Microsoft's rights to its own code.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 3:17:14 PM

Donald McDaniel wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:40:23 -0400, "kurttrail"
> <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
>
>> Donald L McDaniel wrote:

>>> Sorry, Greg, but the DCMA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) makes
>>> possessing or distributing pirated software a crime in the US.
>>> Don't know about the EU or Southeast Asia. They have their own
>>> laws against software piracy.
>>
>> LOL! Maybe you shoeld actually ready the Act. It specifically says
>> that nothing in it can affect "fair use," so if you have a crack to
>> enable your "fair use" of a product, then the DMCA is not applicable.
>
> HOW can you have so-called "fair use rights" to a product you stole?

That is up to a judge to decide, not you.

> Thieves have NO RIGHTS concerning their stolen goods.

Downloading copyrighted material is not theft. Theft is a criminal
offense. At most, though it has yet to be proven, downloading copyright
material would be the civil offense of infringement.

The DMCA does not specifically make it illegal.

> They only have
> the "right to remain silent" when arrested for their crimes.

It is not a criminal offense. Why is it that it is self-professed
Christians that are the biggest effin' liars?

> I will say it again, "ALL downloaded copies of the Vista Beta (except
> the copies one can download as an official Microsoft Beta tester, as a
> member of MSDN, or as an employee of Microsoft in its OS labs) are
> TOTALLY illegal, since they are ALL stolen goods (taken without
> Microsoft's permission = STOLEN).

You cannot STEAL anything that is not physical. Stealing is a criminal
offense. You are a liar.

> kurt, you REALLY need to get things into perspective a little.

You really need to stop lying.

> You
> have been blowing and going for years about your "rights", and have
> completely and totally ignored Microsoft's rights to its own code.

The best way for MS to keep its rights is to keep it in house.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 2:54:56 AM

Hello to Donald & Kurt
Are you talking about this 'theft' being committed in the USA or Great
Britain?
Rgds
Antioch

> HOW can you have so-called "fair use rights" to a product you stole?
> Thieves have NO RIGHTS concerning their stolen goods. They only have
> the "right to remain silent" when arrested for their crimes.
>
> I will say it again, "ALL downloaded copies of the Vista Beta (except
> the copies one can download as an official Microsoft Beta tester, as a
> member of MSDN, or as an employee of Microsoft in its OS labs) are
> TOTALLY illegal, since they are ALL stolen goods (taken without
> Microsoft's permission = STOLEN).
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 2:54:57 AM

antioch wrote:
> Hello to Donald & Kurt
> Are you talking about this 'theft' being committed in the USA or Great
> Britain?
> Rgds
> Antioch
>

>> HOW can you have so-called "fair use rights" to a product you stole?
>> Thieves have NO RIGHTS concerning their stolen goods. They only have
>> the "right to remain silent" when arrested for their crimes.
>>
>> I will say it again, "ALL downloaded copies of the Vista Beta (except
>> the copies one can download as an official Microsoft Beta tester, as
>> a member of MSDN, or as an employee of Microsoft in its OS labs) are
>> TOTALLY illegal, since they are ALL stolen goods (taken without
>> Microsoft's permission = STOLEN).

I doubt downloading one copy of software is a criminal offense in either
country.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 12:33:01 PM

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:54:56 +0100, "antioch"
<r.antiochDUMPTHIS@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hello to Donald & Kurt
>Are you talking about this 'theft' being committed in the USA or Great
>Britain?
>Rgds
>Antioch
>

>> HOW can you have so-called "fair use rights" to a product you stole?
>> Thieves have NO RIGHTS concerning their stolen goods. They only have
>> the "right to remain silent" when arrested for their crimes.
>>
>> I will say it again, "ALL downloaded copies of the Vista Beta (except
>> the copies one can download as an official Microsoft Beta tester, as a
>> member of MSDN, or as an employee of Microsoft in its OS labs) are
>> TOTALLY illegal, since they are ALL stolen goods (taken without
>> Microsoft's permission = STOLEN).

Obviously, the US, since I am not a citizen of the UK.
Donald L McDaniel
Please reply in the original thread, so that others
may be helped and instructed.
September 10, 2005 2:48:48 PM

Of course it matters which country this alledged offence occurs - different
legislation.
Anyway, I thought the topic was not just downloading software, but
downloading software that a person has no right or permission to download,
or have you complicated your discussion so much that the thread has been
lost?
Antioch

> antioch wrote:
>> Hello to Donald & Kurt
>> Are you talking about this 'theft' being committed in the USA or Great
>> Britain?
>> Rgds
>> Antioch
>
> I doubt downloading one copy of software is a criminal offense in either
> country.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
September 10, 2005 2:48:49 PM

antioch wrote:
> Of course it matters which country this alledged offence occurs -
> different legislation.

Did I say it doesn't matter? No. I said I doubt that it is a criminal
offense in either country.

If you know that one country criminalizes it, then show us the law,
instead of mischaracterizing what I said.

> Anyway, I thought the topic was not just downloading software, but
> downloading software that a person has no right or permission to
> download, or have you complicated your discussion so much that the
> thread has been lost?

Nope, I figured you were following the thread and understood what was
being discussed. Next time I won't over-estimate your intelligence.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 6:59:25 PM

kurttrail wrote:
> > They only have
> > the "right to remain silent" when arrested for their crimes.
>
> It is not a criminal offense. Why is it that it is self-professed
> Christians that are the biggest effin' liars?

haha touché
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 7:05:06 PM

kurttrail wrote:
> antioch wrote:
> > Of course it matters which country this alledged offence occurs -
> > different legislation.
>
> Did I say it doesn't matter? No. I said I doubt that it is a criminal
> offense in either country.
>
> If you know that one country criminalizes it, then show us the law,
> instead of mischaracterizing what I said.

actually, nothing matters, because, realistically, is anyone in any
country gonna get in trouble for downloading Vista's first beta,
realistically?
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 11:53:32 PM

CFran wrote:
> kurttrail wrote:
>> antioch wrote:
>>> Of course it matters which country this alledged offence occurs -
>>> different legislation.
>>
>> Did I say it doesn't matter? No. I said I doubt that it is a
>> criminal offense in either country.
>>
>> If you know that one country criminalizes it, then show us the law,
>> instead of mischaracterizing what I said.
>
> actually, nothing matters, because, realistically, is anyone in any
> country gonna get in trouble for downloading Vista's first beta,
> realistically?

Nope. You are more likely to get drugs planted on you by cops and get
arrested than anything happening to you for downloading Anal Fistula
Beta 1.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 1:45:46 AM

>>Hello to Donald & Kurt
>>Are you talking about this 'theft' being committed in the USA or Great
>>Britain?
>>Rgds
>>Antioch

> Obviously, the US, since I am not a citizen of the UK.
> Donald L McDaniel
> Please reply in the original thread, so that others
> may be helped and instructed.

Hello Donald
Thank you for your 'brief and to the point' reply.
Then I see little point in adding to this thread.
As much as I have tried to comprehend the arguments
put forward, if one clears the mists from it then may I assume that I did at
least understand the point you were making, i.e. if someone obtains property
dishonestly, then that person is stealing that property and stealing IS A
CRIMINAL OFFENCE.
I may well have oversimplified your argument, but that is the way I see it.
Rgds
Antioch

September 12, 2005 1:45:47 AM

antioch wrote:
>>> Hello to Donald & Kurt
>>> Are you talking about this 'theft' being committed in the USA or
>>> Great Britain?
>>> Rgds
>>> Antioch
>

>> Obviously, the US, since I am not a citizen of the UK.
>> Donald L McDaniel
>> Please reply in the original thread, so that others
>> may be helped and instructed.
>>
> Hello Donald
> Thank you for your 'brief and to the point' reply.
> Then I see little point in adding to this thread.
> As much as I have tried to comprehend the arguments
> put forward, if one clears the mists from it then may I assume that I
> did at least understand the point you were making, i.e. if someone
> obtains property dishonestly, then that person is stealing that
> property and stealing IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE.
> I may well have oversimplified your argument, but that is the way I
> see it. Rgds

A simpleton, oversimplying a totally inaccurate argument. Absolutely.

1.) Copyrighted material is NOT property under copyright law. If if
was, then there would be no need to have copyright law.

2.) At most, it is infiringement not stealing, and dowloading one copy
of software without permission would fit the criteria of copyright law
to be a criminal infringement.

3.) It has yet to be found that to download copyrighted material,
without permission, for one's on private non-commericial use, is an
infringement under the law.

4.) There is no law that specifically makes it illegal, and that's why
Donny didn't quote the DMCA, the law he say makes it illegal.

The above is an accurate reflection of the laws of the US.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 1:47:40 AM

>>Hello to Donald & Kurt
>>Are you talking about this 'theft' being committed in the USA or Great
>>Britain?
>>Rgds
>>Antioch

> Obviously, the US, since I am not a citizen of the UK.
> Donald L McDaniel
> Please reply in the original thread, so that others
> may be helped and instructed.

Hello Donald
Thank you for your 'brief and to the point' reply.
Then I see little point in adding to this thread.
As much as I have tried to comprehend the arguments
put forward, if one clears the mists from it then may I assume that I did at
least understand the point you were making, i.e. if someone obtains property
dishonestly, then that person is stealing that property and stealing IS A
CRIMINAL OFFENCE.
I may well have oversimplified your argument, but that is the way I see it.
Rgds
Antioch

September 12, 2005 5:10:25 AM

>>> Obviously, the US, since I am not a citizen of the UK.
>>> Donald L McDaniel
>>>
>> Hello Donald
>> Thank you for your 'brief and to the point' reply.
>> Then I see little point in adding to this thread.
>> As much as I have tried to comprehend the arguments
>> put forward, if one clears the mists from it then may I assume that I
>> did at least understand the point you were making, i.e. if someone
>> obtains property dishonestly, then that person is stealing that
>> property and stealing IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE.
>> I may well have oversimplified your argument, but that is the way I
>> see it. Rgds
>
> A simpleton, oversimplying a totally inaccurate argument. Absolutely.

Reply:
Why is that people who know when they are losing an argument resort to
personal insults? It probably takes a simpleton to recognize one.

> The above is an accurate reflection of the laws of the US.

According to the opinions of a self-anointed moderator! That really
impresses me. Or do you mean 'appointed'. I can visualize you covered in
oil. What type of oil do you use I wonder.
May I ask, from where did you got 'mischaracterizing'.
I tried to find this word to see what it meant.
Rgds
Antioch
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 5:10:26 AM

antioch wrote:
> According to the opinions of a self-anointed moderator! That really
> impresses me. Or do you mean 'appointed'. I can visualize you
> covered in oil. What type of oil do you use I wonder.
> May I ask, from where did you got 'mischaracterizing'.
> I tried to find this word to see what it meant.

antioch,

Not to put too fine of a point on it - but is it not bad form to accuse your
opponent of something and then blatantly turn around and do the exact same
thing? And the whole "oil-covered" thing.. Really - how far can we deviate
from whatever it is you are speaking of in a single thread? hah

Also - and the only reason I am involved here - there was a question
asked...

antioch asked, "May I ask, from where did you got 'mischaracterizing'?"
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&v...

As you can see, that is indeed (barring the "ing" which would be proper in
this case) a word that would mean...
'Badly, wrongly or unfavorably characterized.'

Glad to help out. Carry on with whatever it is you are carrying on about.
*smile*

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

antioch wrote:

>>> Hello Donald
>>> Thank you for your 'brief and to the point' reply.
>>> Then I see little point in adding to this thread.
>>> As much as I have tried to comprehend the arguments
>>> put forward, if one clears the mists from it then may I assume that
>>> I did at least understand the point you were making, i.e. if someone
>>> obtains property dishonestly, then that person is stealing that
>>> property and stealing IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE.
>>> I may well have oversimplified your argument, but that is the way I
>>> see it. Rgds
>>
>> A simpleton, oversimplying a totally inaccurate argument. Absolutely.
>
> Reply:
> Why is that people who know when they are losing an argument resort to
> personal insults?

It is quite obvious that I didn't lose the argument. You whining about
the section of the post you felt insulted you, and have totally cut out
ALL argument that was on topic.

> It probably takes a simpleton to recognize one.

How many of your braincells had to die in order to come up with lame
retort?

>> The above is an accurate reflection of the laws of the US.
>
> According to the opinions of a self-anointed moderator! That really
> impresses me. Or do you mean 'appointed'.

Nope.

> I can visualize you
> covered in oil. What type of oil do you use I wonder.

Actually the anointed bit is a little self-deprecating masturbatory
humor.

> May I ask, from where did you got 'mischaracterizing'.

LOL! The dictionary.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=mischaracteriz...*

> I tried to find this word to see what it meant.

PMSL! You won't find it where your head is. Up your ass, that is.

--
!