I just upgraded my wife's computer to XP from 2000. Brought her .pst file
back... all emails are there, including contacts. However, when creating a
new message trying to use the Address Book, the message: "The address list
could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list
could not be opened. It may have been moved or deleted... etc. etc." As far
as I can tell, the file is in the right place, and with the proper
permissions. How do I make the Contacts folder available to the Address List
in Outlook?
Thank you,
Cefoxtrot

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Cefoxtrot wrote:

> I just upgraded my wife's computer to XP from 2000. Brought her .pst file
> back... all emails are there, including contacts. However, when creating a
> new message trying to use the Address Book, the message: "The address list
> could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list
> could not be opened. It may have been moved or deleted... etc. etc." As far
> as I can tell, the file is in the right place, and with the proper
> permissions. How do I make the Contacts folder available to the Address List
> in Outlook?
> Thank you,
> Cefoxtrot

You should post to an outlook newsgroup. Here is list of all MS
newsgroups: http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 12:01:09 -0700, Cefoxtrot
<Cefoxtrot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just upgraded my wife's computer to XP from 2000. Brought her .pst file
>back... all emails are there, including contacts. However, when creating a
>new message trying to use the Address Book, the message: "The address list
>could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list
>could not be opened. It may have been moved or deleted... etc. etc." As far
>as I can tell, the file is in the right place, and with the proper
>permissions. How do I make the Contacts folder available to the Address List
>in Outlook?
>Thank you,
>Cefoxtrot

You ask in a group that has the word OUTLOOK in the title. Notice
this group lacks that word.